Odd things you have found in your equiptment

/ Odd things you have found in your equiptment #1  

MIKE R

Elite Member
Tractor
Many
After reading the thread with the screwdriver inside the tire I thought I would start one of weird and odd things you have found in your equipment.

/ Odd things you have found in your equiptment
I'll go first. On one of my snow machines I found a 16"long knife in the gas tank. Must of got dropped in there by the previous owner when checking how much fuel was in it.

/ Odd things you have found in your equiptment #3  
Found a snap-on cotter pin remover in the car's engine compartment. Yeah for MY tool collection.

/ Odd things you have found in your equiptment #4  
Found a pair of very long nosed pliers (about 12 inches end to end) under the hood of my F350 after dealer worked on it.

/ Odd things you have found in your equiptment #5  
After having a chevy van worked on for leaking radiator. found a vise grip on heater hose that was used to stop the leak.
Took back to have the hose replaced. and return the vise grips.
ken

/ Odd things you have found in your equiptment #6  
I found an axle spacer and a bearing dust cover in the front brake drum of a 1971 Yamaha 350 twin. I found them when I disassembled the front end after the wheel locked up at 50 mph, bent the forks and sent me over the handlebars (and after the stitches were removed).:(

/ Odd things you have found in your equiptment #7  
Bought an insurance write-off for parts once and it had belonged to a pole dancer (there was an outfit and photos in the trunk) :):)

/ Odd things you have found in your equiptment #8  
got a truck back with a screwdrive inthe door after having a window motor replaced.

found a socket on a valve cover after a VCG repalcement once.

in a tractor i found a mouse in a gas tank once.. :)

/ Odd things you have found in your equiptment #9  
Bought an insurance write-off for parts once and it had belonged to a pole dancer (there was an outfit and photos in the trunk) :):)

Did ya find her phone number in there too? :D

I found 6" 1/4" extension in the vacuum hose on a car once, and my own 3/8" craftsman ratchet w 7/16 socket on a 6' extension after 6 months of driving it was hanging under car from front radiator core... Car was overheating on tow going from Kansas to CA. pulled non-functioning AC condenser/core when towing trailer... That socket/ratchet was there for drive and 6 months of more driving till I found it..

Found lots of sockets and wrenches in Junk Yards and used cars.

MM

/ Odd things you have found in your equiptment
Soundguy said:
in a tractor i found a mouse in a gas tank once.. :)

Mice are common finds. There was one along with the nest of asbestis in the rear end on my friends Allis B. The mouse must of been dead in there so long it, shatterd when it fell on the floor.