Redneck Staging

/ Redneck Staging #1  

Lloyd_E

Veteran Member
Tractor
2008 Kioti DK 45 sc
I borrow a phrase from my southern friends... It's been a busy summer - haven't posted much on here. So the last minute(before our rain and cold season) I decide to paint the house, rebuilt the decks and do a little carpentry work before we depart for a cruise.

Attached are a few pics - along with the tractor use one to qualify. I know I will get remarks from some... but a man has to do what a man has to do.

Sorry the images don't flow in order.

Attachments

• IMG_5907.JPG
    IMG_5907.JPG
    579.3 KB · Views: 706
  • IMG_5908.JPG
    IMG_5908.JPG
    654.6 KB · Views: 625
  • IMG_5911.JPG
    IMG_5911.JPG
    624.1 KB · Views: 895
  • IMG_5919.JPG
    IMG_5919.JPG
    609.2 KB · Views: 1,084
  • IMG_5930.jpg
    IMG_5930.jpg
    430.9 KB · Views: 691
   / Redneck Staging #2  
Looks good. Nice improvement. Enjoy your cruise.

/ Redneck Staging #4  
Attached are a few pics - along with the tractor use one to qualify. I know I will get remarks from some... but a man has to do what a man has to do.

That's standard procedure around here.:thumbsup:

/ Redneck Staging #5  
A man does what a mans gotta do :laughing:

I have put a 28' ladder on top of two flights of actual staging, which were sitting on a deck, so you beat me there.

Looks nice, the pergola too. Enjoy the cruise.

/ Redneck Staging #6  
Yes you have been busy. The new color looks real nice. It really brightens up you home!

/ Redneck Staging
Thanks all. The house is almost 200 years old. We bought it 20 years ago and started restoring it. We painted it red - a period and local historic colour. I knew it would fade but we have re-stained it 5 times in 20 years with oil base over new clapboards and shakes. I hand planed a water bead in the clapboard on the front - authenticity - with a wooden period plane... I was younger then!!! Upon our return from Williamsburg a few years ago after a bit of a consult with their in-house architect we (she) decided on the colour - Williamsburg Coffee House Gold. Hopefully it will not fade as fast. The work we did 20 years ago is standing up. I still need to build wood rain gutters and down spots, forge some hardware to support and make some hardware for a gate and landscape etc. We have folks staying in the home so no fear of TBN criminals... but if you want to come I can leave a list of work to be accomplished before you take everything - but we may be back home before you finish unless you are efficient and up to my standards! lol...

Dave - I believe you ***** me!

PS: probably a thread somewhere!! But we are thinking of all of you suffering from Hurricane Sandy. Sandy missed us but we have suffered a few over the last decade and century. I checked in with our friends in VA and they are fine with a little water damage. Stay safe - better days ahead. PPS: The tall-ship Bounty that sank off of NC was built 7 miles from me in a local shipyard... we are all mourning the lose... RIP for those that go down to the sea...

/ Redneck Staging #9  
Looks great! Love the color too. If you look in the fox fire books I think there is one that shows wooden gutters. Real nice job!

/ Redneck Staging #10  
That is a great looking house. They don't build them like they used to and I wish they would. Older houses just look like they belong in their environment.