Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Default Re: A Question on my Horse fence project

Quote Originally Posted by DT86 View Post
    Thanks! That was my first board fence.
    Likewise!

Back in 1993 I built a 6' cedar dog-eared fence around my little back yard, so you could argue I was experienced, but I would dissagree.

This was my first shot at a "horse fence" style fence and I learned everything from a single dayI spent helping build a chunk of fence at the Equine Rescue where I got my horses about 4 years ago.

David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
    Hi David,
    Madison is North and West of you. It is NW of Orange between Culpepper and Charlottesville on route 29 about 60+ miles from you.

Rick
    Rick,

You are AWESOME!

I'm online looking and I will call them today.

You ROCK!
    David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Tractor
    Kubota L3940

Quote Originally Posted by DT86 View Post
    Thanks! That was my first board fence.

For a wire fence I don't even drill a hole, they drive straight enough.

Either way they are tight instantly and stay that way.
    Driving posts is definitely easier on the back. I just finished driving in 140 posts and now have to build my braces and stretch wire. I like the fact that the posts are really tight when you finish driving them. I rented the post driver I used from MWP supply and it was worth every dollar I paid. It was mounted on a trailer so I just hooked up to it and took it home and used it for two days. Rick

Tractor
    Bobcat CT122

Hey David, if I were you I'd definitely put in the extra effort to get the poplar boards you were using. They made for a nice sturdy,STRAIGHT fence. And whatever you do, don't succumb to getting deck boards!!! I'm not very happy with mine at all and am planning on replacing mine in sections as they break. Which, they break when you look at them wrong! Your fence is MUCH sturdier than mine as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12