Catco tractor nearer to completeion

/ Catco tractor nearer to completeion #1  

Sutol

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 1200 / Super Dexta x 2
Managed to find a little time today and started to make up the exhaust for the Catco, thats the Atco in CAT colours;)

Carb was flooding when I switched the petrol on so had a look at that, turns out the float was full of petrol so will have to find the leak and solder it up. Happy to have found out why she wouldn't run properly though:)

Hood to paint and grill to finish

Also found a disc brake, caliper, and resevoir and a lever from an old motorcycle so I can now have brakes. Just need to figure out where to put the disc, on the rear pulley above the gearbox is my choice at the moment but the brake will only work if the tractor is in gear.:confused:

Have you spotted the deliberate mistake lol

Attachments

• Catco ex.JPG
    Catco ex.JPG
    978.2 KB · Views: 157
  • Catco exh.JPG
    Catco exh.JPG
    969.9 KB · Views: 142
  • Catco left.JPG
    Catco left.JPG
    974.2 KB · Views: 153
  • Catco right ex.JPG
    Catco right ex.JPG
    972 KB · Views: 186
  • Catco shifter.JPG
    Catco shifter.JPG
    962.1 KB · Views: 142
   / Catco tractor nearer to completeion #2  
Have you spotted the deliberate mistake lol[/QUOTE]

The steering wheel is on the right side.

/ Catco tractor nearer to completeion
WRONG.....
Our steering wheels are all on the right side its you lot that have it on the wrong side:laughing:

Deliberate mistake (not) is that the steering arm will foul the exhaust when the front axle articulates, going to fix that next.
Got a porous brass float in the carb, its as thin as paper and although I soldered the split up it still takes in water when submerged in a bowl. No bubbles coming up but some water getting in so I decided to fabricate an inlet manifold so as I can use the spare carb off the old Honda that siezed a while ago.

That'll keep me busy next week if it's rainin which it will be .

Well it rained today so I made an upright exhaust with muffler box and fitted it to the little tractor

I also made an upright air intake stack from hoover tube and hoover flexi pipe to fit on the opposite side of the hood.

Its going to be raining again in the morning so I get get the motor started and see how she sounds and take some pictures.
Quite looking forward to it :)

Rained nealy all day today and I'm working outside:(

Made a bracing thing for the upright exhaust and had her running but only just, carb flooding so I spose the float will be too heavy with all the solder I dad to put on it to stop the leaks:rolleyes:

Not a John Deer but hey, she's going to be different:)

Attachments

• SDC12488.JPG
    SDC12488.JPG
    960.8 KB · Views: 100
  • SDC12489.JPG
    SDC12489.JPG
    973.9 KB · Views: 88
  • SDC12490.JPG
    SDC12490.JPG
    973.5 KB · Views: 88
  • SDC12496.JPG
    SDC12496.JPG