Opinions on a storage container to store tractor

/ Opinions on a storage container to store tractor #1  

Illini22

Gold Member
Tractor
2013 Kioti dk40 hst, wright stander zero turn
Im meeting with a kioti salesmen tomorrow. If we can come to an agreement on a ck35 hst I just may buy it. The problem is at my property I only have a 24x24 covered pavilion, half of which is enclosed with a small kitchen and sitting area. The outdoor area has my boat (for the winter) and b7100 under the roof.
I'm thinking of looking for a 20'-40' container to store my potentially new tractor for the winter, and maybe a bit longer. The advantages are that It would be ready use immediately, I wouldn't need to pull a permit for a perminant building, be more secure that a tarped or metal carport and I could use it for other things later or put a roof along one side of it and have more enclosed area to keep things out of the elements and under a roof. From a quick look on Craigslist I see a few around $2000.00 for a 20', $3000 for a 40'. I'm sure if I look hard I can find a better deal as their are 10's of thousands of them sitting in parking lots in the chicagoland area. I know they need some vents to move air as they get hot in te summer.

/ Opinions on a storage container to store tractor #2  
In my opinion a container would be a great idea. I purchased a 40ft container a couple of years back. I didn't get it for tractor storage but it would be great for that use. I got my container from ConGlobal. My container came from Memphis but I see they have a facility in Chicago. I was very impressed with their service. They sent me detailed pictures of the container for my approval and it was even the same container when it arrived.:)

Storage and Shipping Containers for Sale | ConGlobal Industries

From a security standpoint, the weakest point of one of these containers is probably the lock(s) that you put on them.

/ Opinions on a storage container to store tractor #3  
I checked into it and found water tight 20x20 containers were about $2200 delivered. Really pretty reasonable - make sure you check the height, they make short and tall ones.

/ Opinions on a storage container to store tractor #4  
There's been a couple threads about people doing this for their tractors, might be on the Kubota Owning and Operating forum. If you search around with some different keywords you should find it. I think a container is a great idea.

/ Opinions on a storage container to store tractor #5  
The "neat" solution I've seen is two 40' containers about 30' apart with a simple truss roof between them. Sort of like two "enclosed safe workshops" separated by a pole barn.

/ Opinions on a storage container to store tractor #6  
I didn't ralize how good containers work for tractor storage until this past weekend. Wife & I went to some friends house that we had gotten to know over the summer but never visited. When I got there I was amazed at all the "treasures" this man had. After looking over his most of his stuff he asked if I wanted to his "junk". Took me over to 2 contaners setting side by side, inside the first one were 4 John Deeres - 2 G models & 2 A models fully restored. The second container had 5 tractors in it - 4 Bs & 1 Farmall M (wife's tractor) all restored. He said he hadn't had them out for 4 years, but they looked perfect, no moisture, and little to no dust on them.
I'm going to start looking for a container too, just have to find a small enough hill around her that I can level off with the tractor to park it on.

/ Opinions on a storage container to store tractor #7  
I've been storing my New Holland in a container for years. Works great. I just have to fold down the ROPS before driving it in.

A good container is really tight. The only problem is mice will go in when the door is left open, so leave them a trap or some bait.

/ Opinions on a storage container to store tractor #8  
I bought a 40 ft container the same day I bought my Kubota L3400. My land is 200 miles from my main home so I wanted the tractor secure while I wasn't there. I have since bought another container. One is for the Kubota and its attachments and one is for the quads and tools and lumber. Best investments ever. I got the 8 1/2 foot ones so I can drive into it even with my ROPS up!

/ Opinions on a storage container to store tractor #9  
image-3693851808.jpg

/ Opinions on a storage container to store tractor #10  
image-1161397903.jpg

image-3587234122.jpg