Pole barn started

/ Pole barn started #1  

rasorbackq

Platinum Member
Tractor
Branson 4720
Well my wife and I planned to build a pole barn to store the tractor and other small stuff.
Size will be 16X 27. Guess the reason for the odd size is the area used to have a rotary saw mill sitting on the 10 pylons. We planned to just pull the pylons out and use the same holes for the posts.
Guess the big difference between most of the pole barn projects here is we will be milling all the lumber on site with the portable saw mill. So all we have cut thus far are the 11 poles and some 2x4s. Cut from poplar and are 6x6 12'-16' long.
HPIM2894.jpg
We end cut the poles with wood preserve and after pulling all the pylons we noticed some of the poles are not in line

HPIM3010.JPGHPIM3011.JPG
After some tough starts we got all the poles installed and braced.

Back hoe to the rescue . After some digging we have them all lined up . Less then a day into the build and still married. Just!
HPIM3017.JPG

/ Pole barn started #2  
As a married man of 29+ years, I wholeheartedly agree with never building a new house to test the marriage... Pole barn? Good Luck !

Seriously, looks like you're off to a nice start, knowing a plan never survives first contact. Hope it goes smoothly from here on.

Cheers

/ Pole barn started
As a married man of 29+ years, I wholeheartedly agree with never building a new house to test the marriage... Pole barn? Good Luck !

Seriously, looks like you're off to a nice start, knowing a plan never survives first contact. Hope it goes smoothly from here on.

Cheers
We are going on 29 years also , but we still can argue.

/ Pole barn started #4  
That barn will make one heck of a dog house if you get into hot water with the wife. Make it nice. You might have to move in. LOL

/ Pole barn started
My better half is off to work so I wont be wrong today.
\ Got the last post in as well most f the girts.

/ Pole barn started #6  
Thanks for the pictures

/ Pole barn started
Updates We are moving along . Nice to have a saw mill that can cut 2x4s 21 ' long The trusses are mostly 18'. Was 4 hrs today to get the 3 trusses supports up as my wife was at work.

HPIM3032.JPGHPIM3028.JPGHPIM3029.JPGHPIM3030.JPGHPIM3031.JPG

/ Pole barn started #8  
Nice. No roof overhang on the tall side?

Looks like some fine slop you are working in there, haha.

I envy your sawmill.

/ Pole barn started
Nice. No roof overhang on the tall side?

Looks like some fine slop you are working in there, haha.

I envy your sawmill.
nO OVERHANG ON THE TALL SIDE . Once the batten and boards are installed the metal roof will over hang 3-4 ". The plan on the tail ends is to extend the trusses and build a lean to.
If you have the lumber to justify a mill then get one. The cost of lumber is going up every day .
I had a long list of things I wanted to build so I took the plunge and thank full I did.
Today will be cutting off the poles and start to close her in.

/ Pole barn started
Been busy with the mill this week all the board cut for the 2 long sides Hope to have them all attached by quitting time tomorrow. Started attaching the metal roof today also.