Urgent, need security help

/ Urgent, need security help #121  
Two things I see (partly pointed out by others.)

On the hinges, you need to weld in some brackets on each side of the tube over to the DOM tube hinge on both sides reinforcing them. One set on each side of the hinges to the pipe in the ground and the sq tube on the gate. I would suggest some 10gauge or 3/16 max of 1/4" plate.

drawing
hinge-Model_zpsdb082a59.jpg

While you are at it add some grease zerks to them for long term lasting.

On the OPEN side you should have a drop in hinge/bar that PINS the gate all the way down from top to bottom. The PIN should be S.S. or chrome molly bar so it can not be easily cut with torch. The LOCK then would keep the pin in the hinge type plates. Ideally you would have done the actual HINGE this way so it could swing from either side or be fully removable.

Cable from corner to corner on the gate will help reinforce it and is light but a steel strap/flat bar would also do this.

Make sure to get some good primer and enamel on there so it dont rust.

Mark

Last edited:
   / Urgent, need security help #122  
He put zerks on it. see pics...

/ Urgent, need security help
Great suggestions, thanks again. No doubt improvements on the gate can and will be made, this is the first step.

I had an idea, somehow activate the panic mode of my 1998 Dodge Ram with a motion sensor. It'll then blow a loud horn and flash the headlights so I'll need to hack into the vehicle's security system (and/or remote control alone), plus add a timer to disengage the alarm after 30 secs or so. That plus adding an RF camera inside the vehicle, as well as a kill switch, and GPS just in case of vehicle theft, ought to do the trick. Those in the know, recommendations on how to achieve this easily will be helpful to me.

/ Urgent, need security help #124  
For all your work and money spent, maybe it'd be worth it to leave the key in a $500 dollar vehicle outside the gate in hopes they'd steal it. Hide a gps inside. I know iPhones now have a "find my iPhone" feature. Maybe there's something cheaper.

Best of luck!

BTW, in what part of the country is your place?

/ Urgent, need security help #125  
For all your work and money spent, maybe it'd be worth it to leave the key in a $500 dollar vehicle outside the gate in hopes they'd steal it. Hide a gps inside. I know iPhones now have a "find my iPhone" feature. Maybe there's something cheaper.

Best of luck!

BTW, in what part of the country is your place?