Urgent, need security help

/ Urgent, need security help #21  
If you really think your wife is going to stay there by herself, a good dog is in order.

That will be all the early warning she will need.

I feel for you. Thieves are the scum of the earth. You never know how far they will go to take stuff so assume the worst.

/ Urgent, need security help #22  
<snip>
In Virginia you need to post every 20 feet with no trespassing signs - we buy them in large rolls and tack them to trees.
<snip>
Since I also own in Virgina do you have a reference for that? The law I read
ァ 18.2-134.1. Method of posting lands.

A. The owner or lessee of property described in ァ 18.2-134 may post property by (i) placing signs prohibiting hunting, fishing or trapping where they may reasonably be seen; or (ii) placing identifying paint marks on trees or posts at each road entrance and adjacent to public roadways and public waterways adjoining the property. Each paint mark shall be a vertical line of at least two inches in width and at least eight inches in length and the center of the mark shall be no less than three feet nor more than six feet from the ground or normal water surface. Such paint marks shall be readily visible to any person approaching the property.

B. The type and color of the paint to be used for posting shall be prescribed by the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries.

(1987, c. 603.)
only says they need to be seen from each other.

In Misissippi land is private
By law, all land in Mississippi is posted against trespassing, signage or not.
Poacher proof your property for the upcoming season - Mississippi Sportsman

/ Urgent, need security help #23  
   / Urgent, need security help #24  
As much as I LOVE the way you think masks can easily defeat camera pics.

I need to shore up the entrance so my wife can feel secure, if she's there alone.

TC32701799-27-330-400-80-22-ChildTemplate.png This works for me !

/ Urgent, need security help #26  
Burglar Bomb Anti Burglary Pepper Spray Systems, protect your ...burglarbomb.com/

Burglar Bomb stops burglars in seconds, protecting your property in the crucial minutes prior to police arrival. No alarm system can do this for you.
We were thinking about getting these for our barn after our neighbor was broken into again.

/ Urgent, need security help #27  
I agree that if your wife is alone and concerned a good dog is all you need in that scenario. Nobody has come onto our property as we have 'Beware of Dog' signs and being far enough off the road, they don't know when we are and are not there. Unfortunately in your case, it's likely somebody that knows you or knows someone who knows you and that you are away during the week. This is typically the criminals in this type of case. For being away during the week, we used to place a large couple of stones (400lbs+) in the middle of the drive to prevent vehicles from coming up the laneway as most criminals are lazy and won't walk the 1000ft to the house plus they won't want to lug their 'goods' that far. We would remove these with the tractor when we arrived.

/ Urgent, need security help #28  
Burglar Bomb Anti Burglary Pepper Spray Systems, protect your ...burglarbomb.com/

I'm going to install one of these and test it on the inlaws when they come for Christmas :)

/ Urgent, need security help
More good ideas, thank you!

Kyle, the dog can't stay by itself all week, unlike our beloved barn cat who does well alone because he is quite the hunter (we have a month’s worth of food/water for him also). I only wish he was 200+ pounds and I'd have no theft problems, to be sure :)
I've thought of getting a couple of the 6 foot HWY dividers delivered but that would require me moving them with the front end loader each and every time we arrive and depart a real PITA because I'll have to walk 1K yards after the fact or leave my IH in the elements, non of which I relish…..plus my wife would not be able to do this. I am coming up with some gate fabrication ideas and swinging spiked barriers which can be easily put in place upon our arrival/departure, even by my wife alone.

/ Urgent, need security help #30  
Sell the place to someone who will work the property , it's almost sad to read your post !