Urgent, need security help

/ Urgent, need security help #41  
Grumpy, I AM NOT SELLING! I don't cut and run and you telling me to sell to someone else, for whatever reason, is not germane to the situation, nor is it helpful to my pissed off attitude..

Agree.
The American response to Grumpy would be: "If you don't like what I am doing with my property, you buy it and I'll use the money elsewhere."

/ Urgent, need security help #42  
You could try a GPS tracker for equipment, the down side is they cost $130+ each and then there are monthly charges to transmit the data over the cell phone system. Also they need to be in range of a cell tower.

iTrack GPS Tracker

Heavy Construction Equipment GPS Tracker | Heavy Construction Equipment GPS Locator | Heavy Construction Equipment GPS Tracking | Heavy Construction Equipment GPS Tracker | Heavy Construction Equipme

I also like the web/security camera option, you can set those up to transmit photos by email on motion detection but that needs an internet connection.

A couple of game cameras along the road to the house are also good.

/ Urgent, need security help
Great additional suggestions, thank you!

I plan to fabricate a heavy duty tubular steel gate, filled with cement, as explained before, and will use lighting and cameras to add to my surveillance. BTW, good idea about the power company installing a light up front, I’ll try to get them to do that.

Here's a remote sensor that may work for me, with a bit of a mod it can probably trigger an audio alarm, flashing light, and a bazooka :)

http://www.homedepot.com/Electrical...splay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051

Last edited:
   / Urgent, need security help #44  
Great additional suggestions, thank you!

I plan to fabricate a heavy duty tubular steel gate, filled with cement, as explained before, and will use lighting and cameras to add to my surveillance. BTW, good idea about the power company installing a light up front, I’ll try to get them to do that.
That is a great plan the security light on the gate will help. If. they really want in they will get in but if you slow them up so they might get caught they will go to an easier mark. I have a place along a state highway a lof my neiighbors have camps that have been broken into. They have gates and there place is not visible from the road. My place has no gate , my camp is visible from the road, and my neighbors balcony. Many people think the 2 places are combined and I try to keep the grounds cut to reinfore that look. I know that is not possible in your case but my point is that I am sure the high visibility andd the close neighbor has worked for me. The dog and motion lights will go along way to help with security and ease your wife nerves
Good luck

My wife's a champ, and even though she's gone through this all alone because I'm out of town on business that'll chance on Friday. Our sheriff's been good also, trying to solve the who and where the stolen property may be but I doubt it'll be easy.

Gotta tell ya guys, I feel so helpless being 2K miles away, I absolutely despise punk thieves, useless trash that have no appreciation for the golden rule to life, "do on to others".

/ Urgent, need security help #46  
My wife's a champ, and even though she's gone through this all alone because I'm out of town on business that'll chance on Friday. Our sheriff's been good also, trying to solve the who and where the stolen property may be but I doubt it'll be easy.

Gotta tell ya guys, I feel so helpless being 2K miles away, I absolutely despise punk thieves, useless trash that have no appreciation for the golden rule to life, "do on to others".
That really sucks, just remember punk thieves are about the same as a cockroach they will get into anytning. However the more light you can shine on them (video,security lights,signs ,dogs etec) the more they will scurry around and sooner or later someone is going to squish them underneath a boot.
We have had a real problem with them stealing copper from (AC , electrical conections you name it)
I read in the paper about 1 month ago we have 2 less. THey broke into the wrong camp and they are both
worm food now. No tears here !

/ Urgent, need security help #47  
Gates, rocks and other obstructions at the end of a long drive can have the unintended affect of notifying all the scum bags when no one is home. Do you keep the gate closed when you are there? If not, I would start closing it, to keep them guessing.

/ Urgent, need security help #48  
I've seen some "game cameras" that have internet access thru cell provider. It can dial up the internet when it's tripped and send pictures of video.

I keep the gate locked at all times, unless I am expecting guests. But tire tracks, or lack there of are easy to read. They know when I'm there though because I shoot a lot, are suppressors in my future?

We've had this property for 9 years now and we've put in a great deal of work to clean it up and make it livable so we have kept a very low profile. Maybe it's time to be introduced to the neighbors, who are not many.

It could be locals that have lived there in the past and know what's there, or even hunters that happen upon my workshop which is 200 yards from the entrance. They didn't break the lock to open it, they just lifted what was outside of it and used my trailer to haul it all off. Again, once I get there I'll know exactly what's missing....the sheriff already has the serial number.

/ Urgent, need security help #50  
I have done a few gates for a customer that has one requirement: " if I hook to it with that 1 ton cummins, I want the truck in pieces". It is not that the gate won't give an be toast, but they ain't getting in there. It takes some work and some tricks but it is very doable. Never depend on a lock or chain, don't leave the lock unprotected.
I would be happy to share details to help anyone.
I can't stand a thief in any shape form or fashion.
Steel, concrete, and a plan. I will try to find some of the pics and put them up.