grumpy old mans new $60.00 project !

/ grumpy old mans new $60.00 project ! #1  

Grumpy Old Man

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere and Case
I stopped the other day at my local backyard small engine repair shop ( he is in his 70's and has a few hundred riding mowers ) and I found this W W Grinder chipper shredder laying in the weeds and after some serious negotiating I bought it for $60.00 and drug it out of the weeds and briars lifted into the truck (about 300 pounds )and brought it home ,Well after changing the oil and cleaning the plug ,a little fresh gas and she fired on the 3rd pull !:cool2: Now I have a winter project ! 001.jpg Some sandblasting and paint /tires and we see how she works on brush !

/ grumpy old mans new $60.00 project ! #3  
Yes cool "find" indeed. :thumbsup:

Boone

/ grumpy old mans new $60.00 project ! #4  
I really enjoy those "great find" stories. Thats kinda how I got this JD 655. A friend took it and dropped it off for someone to look at with the thoughts of maybe selling it. 2yrs later the people called him and told him he needed to move it as they were selling out. He had forgot that it was there. Sittin in the woods for 2yrs., he gave me a call with "you go get it and you can have it" I got there, hit the key, (like most of us do, no matter how long its been there,lol) and it rolled over. Took the battery home, came back the next morning with a charged battery, a little shot of either, and drove it on the trailer. Come to find out it has less than 10hrs on a nose to tail rebuild. Its 4wd,front bucket and came with 2 complete sets of tires and wheels, all like new. I am like you Grump, I have rewired it as the mech liked alot of short cuts but now working on the sandblast and paint, I like shiney, lol. I think I'll build myself a boom for it and maybe a awger if the good Lord willing. Merry Christmas to all. Just rumor but I heard that Santa renamed the lead deer to John, ;~p

/ grumpy old mans new $60.00 project !
I really enjoy those "great find" stories. Thats kinda how I got this JD 655. A friend took it and dropped it off for someone to look at with the thoughts of maybe selling it. 2yrs later the people called him and told him he needed to move it as they were selling out. He had forgot that it was there. Sittin in the woods for 2yrs., he gave me a call with "you go get it and you can have it" I got there, hit the key, (like most of us do, no matter how long its been there,lol) and it rolled over. Took the battery home, came back the next morning with a charged battery, a little shot of either, and drove it on the trailer. Come to find out it has less than 10hrs on a nose to tail rebuild. Its 4wd,front bucket and came with 2 complete sets of tires and wheels, all like new. I am like you Grump, I have rewired it as the mech liked alot of short cuts but now working on the sandblast and paint, I like shiney, lol. I think I'll build myself a boom for it and maybe a awger if the good Lord willing. Merry Christmas to all. Just rumor but I heard that Santa renamed the lead deer to John, ;~p

I needed a loader for some property I'm clearing and found the ad for a John Deere 855 and loader in craigslist for $9,500.00 one town away 15 miles from me, when I went to look at it I drove my 1990 Corvette convertible after running the tractor I told the man I would let him know the next day .Walking back to the car he commented he and his wife really liked Vettes and just jokingly I told him "well it could be yours if you want to trade " He did ! I had won the car on ebay for $3,900.00 and was just playing with it as a toy ! That's how I got my 855 for $3,900.00 008.jpg009.jpg009.jpg