Want to add on to my pole barn!

/ Want to add on to my pole barn! #1  

coudret11

Tractor
Kubota
I would like to add on to my pole barn and would like to just put a lean-to type of deal up. I want to do this being somewhat careful with how much money i spend on it.
If anyone has and pictures or diagrams please post them! I would like to make it with a gravel floor because im just going to put my tractor and other toys in it. Thanks!

/ Want to add on to my pole barn! #2  
:welcome: to TBN----- :tractor:

Boone

/ Want to add on to my pole barn! #3  
I would like to add on to my pole barn and would like to just put a lean-to type of deal up. I want to do this being somewhat careful with how much money i spend on it.
If anyone has and pictures or diagrams please post them! I would like to make it with a gravel floor because im just going to put my tractor and other toys in it. Thanks!

First welcome to TBN. Crawfordsville is a great place and home to my Willys Jeep parts guy Harry Sheets.

Folks here really like pictures and I suspect if you post some of your current barn and the area around it, you will get some more ideas. If you look at the picture to the left, under my name, you can see part of the "wings" I have on each side of my barn. I do have gravel floors. I store implements and my trailers there, but keep the tractor (and jeep) inside the barn.

Merry Christmas!

/ Want to add on to my pole barn! #4  
I have not done it yet but was considering a lean-to on the side of my pole shed also. Just thinking how I plan to do mine may not be the best way, but I want to follow this thread.

On the eve side of my 14' wall 56' long shed I was going to put in poles like the original shed about 14' away from the wall. I planned on building the wall like the original shed wall.

Along the side of the existing shed I would run a 2X10 along the length of the building to hold the joist hangers for the 2x10 rafters that run from the existing shed to the new wall. I would run 2x10s every 4' but not sure of that. I have a lot of snow pile up on my existing shed.

Then nail 2x4s over the rafters the whole length of the building 2' on center and this is what I would nail or screw the roof panels on. For the roof panels, I planned to loosen up the end of the roof panels and slip a piece of roof panel under that a foot or so and extend it out to the new wall so the whole roof would be the same pitch. That's the plan, but that may change, depending on what I hear on your thread.

I just priced what it would cost and it would be about $4000 for just the materials.

/ Want to add on to my pole barn! #5  
:welcome:

/ Want to add on to my pole barn! #6  
Welcome! I can't do that with mine, due to how it is sited. I might do that to a smaller barn I have the animals in. I want to get the hay out of my barn/shop, it attracts mice.

/ Want to add on to my pole barn!
My barn is much smaller and i will probablly do the same except i will have much less materials and poles to put in. I will post pictures when i start!

/ Want to add on to my pole barn! #8  
Me too....!!!! I have a 24X40 steel building, built 3 years ago. Now after concreting the floors and moving my Blazer and tractor in I want more room. Any suggestions in this direction? I have some leftover blue panels and a few white roof panels. If I opened the existing left side and left the existing 6X6 posts could I extend the roof beam, front and rear beams, add trusses and make it look like the orig building? Would it be smarter (less expensive) to LEAVE the building as is and attach an addition to it, TRYING to match/tie in.....maybe cut a connecting passageway from old to new. IDEAS, suggestions....:confused:.

Attachments

• Ripple Shop w-Gutters.jpg
    Ripple Shop w-Gutters.jpg
    554.3 KB · Views: 1,269
  • Shop Int 5.jpg
    Shop Int 5.jpg
    511.9 KB · Views: 1,237
   / Want to add on to my pole barn! #9  
Welcome Depending on budget and resources you might find used power poles a lot were replaced in my area with the storms this year, or use locust post.

/ Want to add on to my pole barn! #10  
I would add poles front and rear with added front and rear beams and add trusses. Take the siding off and move to the new end and leave the existing wood from the end wall standing until it is complete. It will add support until the roof is all tied in and complete. Later if the wood is in your way just remove the lower ones so you can walk thru without hitting your head. Use the upper ones to hang light stuff on to get up off the floor.