DIY Shed Plans Recommendation

/ DIY Shed Plans Recommendation #1  

TigerfaninAR

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2320 FEL, MMM
The garage is out of room trying to hold the wife's car along with the tractor and all the rakes,shovels, and other small tools. Would like something in the 10x12 size with a lean to for the tractor. I'm limited in my skills but my father in law has some experience. In no rush so thought could save a bit by tackling this ourselves.
Any online, free or paid for, plans that you all would recommend?

/ DIY Shed Plans Recommendation #2  
I bought plans from this site several years ago - Backyard3.com

I have built the 'Bonanza' in a 10x14 I think it was.

Hard part is, by the time you buy the materials, you may want to look into a place that makes them and just have it delivered....

/ DIY Shed Plans Recommendation #3  
Try garagebuildings.com. they are easy to build and low priced.

/ DIY Shed Plans Recommendation #4  
I rarely pay to have anything done but I had a small shed built for quite a bit less than my material cost. They did a great job and were done on 1 day. They buy so much material at a good price, there is no way you can build it for less yourself. If you have a shed builder nearby, it is a no brainer.

/ DIY Shed Plans Recommendation #5  
Have you considered one of the inexpensive steel "car ports"? For well under $1000 you can get a 20x24 one erected for you. Smaller sizes are available too.

/ DIY Shed Plans Recommendation #7  
I built a couple of sheds last summer one is 9' x 11' the other 8' x 10' (this is below the 100sq ft. permit requirement). I use one for a small workshop the other is just storage. The point is that the plans are based on shed designs in a publication by Taunton Press. "How to build a shed like a pro". This book has fairly complete plans for building a number of shed designs. It covers everything you need to know with lots of diagrams and instruction. Plus you can order full plans if needed. The good thing is you can go to a book store and look at the book before purchasing. Building A Shed, Revised (eBook) by Joseph Truini - Homebuilding - eBooks - Taunton Store This should be the link. The book is also available as an ebook. Hope this helps.

/ DIY Shed Plans Recommendation #8  
I built a couple of sheds last summer one is 9' x 11' the other 8' x 10' (this is below the 100sq ft. permit requirement). I use one for a small workshop the other is just storage. The point is that the plans are based on shed designs in a publication by Taunton Press. "How to build a shed like a pro". This book has fairly complete plans for building a number of shed designs. It covers everything you need to know with lots of diagrams and instruction. Plus you can order full plans if needed. The good thing is you can go to a book store and look at the book before purchasing. Building A Shed, Revised (eBook) by Joseph Truini - Homebuilding - eBooks - Taunton Store This should be the link. The book is also available as an ebook. Hope this helps.

I built a 40x40x12 pole barn, and 2 sheds, 12x24, & a 12x10, all from a book. Never built anything before, took my time. I did end up roofing the barn in October, not nice in Michigan. Go for it, it's not rocket science. Look at some neighbor's stuff, and ask what they would do different.

/ DIY Shed Plans Recommendation
Have you considered one of the inexpensive steel "car ports"? For well under $1000 you can get a 20x24 one erected for you. Smaller sizes are available too.

Hadn't thought of that but after looking that is a good option. Looks like can get a size quite a bit larger than a wooden shed and have both sides and one end closed for less money. Not sure how long it would last but price looks good and save me a headache in constructing something.