Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #1,111  
You're going to get in trouble now Aaron, for posting that pie (just saw it, now).

:licking::licking::licking:

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #1,112  
Peter,
I know things are going so fast now that it is hard to put all the stuff on your check list.
You probably have already listed it on the TO DO's but your images this morning point out a flaw that has been there for a long time you may want fixed.
Although BuilderML said this does not happen when making Z fascia from a coil on a pan brake, your fascia is not secure over the triangular shaped box end cover and is beginning to warble.
We really can't tell from the picture, but the triangular end trim aluminum should also go up under the fascia tail so that water flows over and not under the seam.
I'll see if I can embed this image instead of attaching. It is only 534 x 412 so should go.

Crap, it is still an attachment that you have to click on to see full size.
Somebody tell me how to embed a picture?

View attachment 312690
Ron

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #1,113  
Aaron,
Is that "Mighty Fine" lemon pie filling?
It has not been available around here for years; just the bland competitor brands that don't taste
like home made lemon pie with meringue made from raw egg whites and sugar.
Mighty Fine, Mighty good eating:licking:

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days
#1,114  
Peter (or anyone), is that a "standard" height for garage lights, or did your builder choose the height for the exterior garage lighting?
I asked the builder about the height of the lights, and he said that all the lights are mounted at the standard height of 7'.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #1,115  
Thanks, I figured there was probably a standard. Your Mom chose some interesting fixtures for the garage, she's a forward thinker.:thumbsup:

#1,116  
your fascia is not secure over the triangular shaped box end cover and is beginning to warble.
I noticed that too Ron the very day they did that work. It is on my list to discuss with the builder when we meet tomorrow.

#1,117  
Thanks, I figured there was probably a standard. Your Mom chose some interesting fixtures for the garage, she's a forward thinker.:thumbsup:
Those are the same ones that were installed on the current house, which was build in 1987! I think that style has been around since the 70's, at least in Europe.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #1,118  
:laughing: Here I was thinking it was a new-age design. (maybe it was ... in the 70's)

#1,119  
Lol, that's it Jay!

Spoke to the gas company. The up front cost of a 500g tank is $1,850. Leasing it has a one time fee of $150, and $110 per year if using less than 1/2 tank annually, otherwise there is no other cost. So no "uplift" fee per gallon or anything like that. So even if she used less than 1/2 tank per year, it would still mean that it would take 15 years before she would have spent $1,850, so leasing seems to be the obvious choice.

#1,120  
As far as additional bracing for the floors, they did install scab bridging I believe. I'll take some pics of that tonight.

Also, for the tile floors, they will put down Ditra mats that the will then go over.

Schluter-DITRA - Schluter-Systems