Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #111  
For some reason this struck me as funny. Here we are on a website admiring gravel?!? Some could think that was a little strange.

By the way, this thread is amazing. Great job.

MoKelly

Guess picturing those loads in my drive just got to me LOL

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #112  
That photo of the load of "junk hardwood logs" is pretty impressive. It's really quite a load.

On the attractive load of gravel that was spread--did you do this with a tractor or did a bulldozer do it? My concern would be to wonder if the gravel was compacted sufficiently.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #113  
Pete, that's a breathtaking view down that valley in your last shot. There'll always be plenty of pretty scenery for your Mom to look at. I'm enjoying your thread and chanting, "Go! Go! Go!" :D

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #114  
Pete, that's a breathtaking view down that valley in your last shot. There'll always be plenty of pretty scenery for your Mom to look at.
I concur. I'm a little jealous!

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days
Thanks! Yes, the views are amazing. That crappy cell phone pic at dusk doesn't even do it justice. Here's a better one.

shop.jpg

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #116  
Wow, Just Wow!

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days
That photo of the load of "junk hardwood logs" is pretty impressive. It's really quite a load.

On the attractive load of gravel that was spread--did you do this with a tractor or did a bulldozer do it? My concern would be to wonder if the gravel was compacted sufficiently.

They used a rubber tracked skid steer to spread it. I'll check that they plan to plate compact it or something before pouring the slab.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #118  
Definitely make sure they compact the crap out of it before pouring any concrete and setting walls.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #120  
I don't think gravel needs to be compacted all that much but I do think it needs to be compacted at least some. Maybe research a bit before Momday. Ask Eddie Walker on this site if you can--he knows his stuff.