Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days
#1,341  
I have watched thi build all winter .Things started out good . Then the steps in the garage were a hindsight and I would not send my mom down them . Never did like the grade where the patio meets the deck . Do not like a block wall at the front door . Iwill never build a new house , you are a hero . 2 issues , a contractor building your house , not 12 others .I am impressed with your enthusiasm and progress . How much over are we ?
Mom will rarely need to use the basement steps. They are really not that bad in person, but I admit they don't look very nice in the pictures. I think the block wall will look a lot better once the stone and slate cap come one. Mom really wanted to keep the courtyard that was in the original design.

The excavator guy plan to do some more work in the area in front of the patio. Hopefully it will look better once he's done.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #1,342  
Yes, we switched to MDF since we decided to paint it all beige anyway to match the window and door color. That upcharge will be removed before final settlement.

Still just using the 18-55mm zoom lens that came with the camera Stu.

Well, that explains it as far as the trim goes so I will sit down and shut up. As for the fish eye effect I noticed, I want to take a pic of my new door with my camera and see if I note the same thing. Being up to scrutiny myself, (I will never criticize without taking constructive criticism myself), I will post the pic here for all to judge, mostly you Peter.
-Stu

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #1,343  
Peter,
No pictures of the spouting on the back yet. Is it a one piece gutter sloping down from the left and going in front of the fireplace stone ( when put on), then continuing to the right end to a single downspout that will go through the deck to the soil pipe seen in the attached picture?
Ron

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #1,344  
Nice grass. :thumbsup: (I'll bet you hear that all the time. :laughing:)

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #1,345  
Well, here is my closet pic and I have a bit of fish eye, too. Never noticed it until now, I suppose the close ups of things that are meant to be vertical really highlight it.
-Stu IMG_0625.jpg

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #1,346  
Folks, if I know Peter like I think I do, the next post will show some ridiculous amount of wood on his trailer to haul to {place he normally sells it}. Probably in excess of 12KLB.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #1,347  
Nice grass. :thumbsup: (I'll bet you hear that all the time. :laughing:)

Who said: grass is nice.:eek:
The grass in the pic is just one of the many built in texture stamps. I tried stoning the chimney and running the spouting across but it didn't turn out too well. If the spouting really does go end to end in front of the stone it will have to have 4 sharp 90s to get out and around the stone? I'd go from the chimney to each end with a downspout on each end and not run across the chimney with a gutter.

I just mowed around the house for the second time this week. The temp was 38 degrees and 20 mph wind. I wore my lined Carharts and gloves and still was cold. Have to get it between rainy days. Now the wife is talking about putting down the annual weed and feed.:thumbdown:
After I make hay in May-June I always mow about 30 acres a week here on the nusiance farm unless we have a drought like last year. Of course that's with a 65 hp tractor and a big rear 3 spindle deck but it still takes a lot of hours away from fishin in the pond:D

Ron

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #1,348  
Neat stuff. I can't keep track of what you're using for software Ron, so forgive me, but what is it again?

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #1,349  
Neat stuff. I can't keep track of what you're using for software Ron, so forgive me, but what is it again?

Jay,

Photoshop Elements 11. It is the little brother to the CS-6. It and Adobe Premiere ( the video editor) are usually on sale as a group for $70+ during the year versus $600+ for Photoshop CS6 alone.
Elements used to be very basic, and I used CS-2 for years with so many plug-ins it could consume an old time hard drive. I still have CS-2 on an old XP machine but since Elements 11 has masking layers now it does just about everything that CS-6 does. Adobe and other softwares are trying to get everybody to go to the Cloud and rent their software by the month, but that is not my style.
Another great software that really has more to offer in the photo editing area than elements is Corel Paint Shop Pro X14, now X15. It is usually on sale for $50+. It doesn't have 16 bit RAW processing, only 8, so I use elements most of the time which uses the same RAW processor as CS-6 with a few missing sliders, but nothing important is left out.

I looked at the free Google Rendering software that you recommended but I don't like how Google is getting control in the background.
Ron

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #1,350  
:thumbsup: Thanks for the info, you do some impressive stuff with it. I've got my hands/brain full enough trying to learn/keep up with the software I've got to get anything new. I've got PS v.cs4, but don't have a clue how to use it, never spent the time and effort with it.

Just so you know, sketchup is no longer a google product (Trimble now owns it). I think you would really like it if you ever got the time/inclination to learn it. I know, life's short, we can't fit it all in.:D