Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #1,362  
Let us please turn this back into a discussion of Peter's Mom's house as opposed to my closet.
-Stu
We can't yet, we gotta criticize your fisheyes..........either before or after JF enters your room. Time frame matters not, we just gotta see this job through :)

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #1,363  
...and have something to do between Peter's posts. :laughing:

Stu, no offense meant, just my (warped) sense of humor. :thumbsup:

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #1,364  
...and have something to do between Peter's posts. :laughing:

Stu, no offense meant, just my (warped) sense of humor. :thumbsup:
Mine also...........but this was just too easy.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #1,365  
You know, we're both going to be in trouble now, right? :laughing:

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #1,366  
A little caution on the threaded plug in your Y. Only make it finger tight.
I have a threaded cap like that on the riser for my dual leach field turn valve. In time the UV and weather will make it stick and it also becomes brittle.
I got mine too tight once and had to use a big monkey wrench to get it loose. Instead the riser pipe broke, so instead of a 5 minute valve turn job it
became a dig and replace the entire tube assembly job.
Ron

Thanks Ron; but I'm way ahead of you on doing that. The wind blown talcum powder like dust also finds its way into the treads making life more difficult.

As for the entry closet door with the mismatched veneer; I'd flip it if possible, or have it replaced as the contrast is too striking that it looks out of place.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #1,367  
I agree...I'd love to see the other side of the door(s). As pictured, they're not well matched, by a long shot.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #1,368  
I agree...I'd love to see the other side of the door(s). As pictured, they're not well matched, by a long shot.

Jay,
Do you stay up all night? Wait till you get older and can't sleep, and then older yet and can't stay awake between feeds.:)

Do the doors look like lathe peeled birch veneer to you or just luan gone wild?

Ron

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days
#1,369  
Stu, I can post your address if you want, along with a reward for anyone that can gain access to your closet. :D Just joking of course...

Ron, once the trim is done, all the walls will get a second coat. There are a few places the builder caught that will need a little more mud and sanding to be just right. Also, excellent renderings of the house with the grass! There will be downspouts on both ends of the gutter above the deck. Also, we plan to put in steps on the steep part of the grassy slope in your rendering. Hopefully the rain will hold off this coming week and all the rough grading and septic field can be completed.

We worked on cutting trees until dark yesterday and I'm getting ready to head back over there now to continue. I'll bring the camera this time to take some pics, and also have a look at what they did trim wise inside.

As far as the overall schedule, the original target completion day was May 1st, which is a week and a half away. Given various weather related and other communication misunderstandings along the way, the target date has been pushed back to mid May, likely sometime during the week of May 13th.

Day 1 of 90 was technically when the Superior Walls were put up, not when we started clearing the land. In my posts, I have been using that as day one (which means today is day 89), when it should not really be so. I'll probably stop counting the days once we get past 90.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #1,370  
Need to keep counting the day's or we will lose all track of time.:D