Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #141  
Love that wall setup.

Going to go pretty fast, looks like you have perfect weather for those walls to go in.

Mark

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #142  
Very cool! Great pics on the foundation wall install. This has likely been asked already, how are they attached to each other?

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #143  
Very nice. I am really liking this Superior Walls system. Those are the standard, R-5 walls, right?

I think those are the Xi walls. The R-5 walls shown on Superior Wall's site have concrete studs with a wood nailer insert. These studs all look like galvanized steel stud facings to me.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #144  
Very impressive

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #145  
Wow really something to see thanks for posting.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days
Got some more pics of the rest of the install, which I think answers the questions you guys have.

Prepping the area where the 2 car garage goes:

day28-20.jpg

Running the plate tamper after getting close to level:

day28-21.jpg

Setting temporary horizontals bars to the exact height using laser level:

day28-22.jpg

Scraping to get exact levelness:

day28-23.jpg

Setting first wall:

day28-24.jpg

Setting 2nd wall:

day28-25.jpg

A little further along:

day28-26.jpg

And the final piece:

day28-27.jpg

They were gone in 30 minutes and all that was left were a few bags of trash:

day28-28.jpg

Couple of angles of the completed foundation:

day28-29.jpg

day28-30.jpg

How garage walls are tied in with basement wall:

day28-31.jpg

View in from the walkout basement:

day28-32.jpg

View inside the basement. They plan to put down styrofoam 2 feet out from all walls that will have less than 2 feet of back fill dirt on the outside. Everything else will get a 6mil plastic barrier.

day28-33.jpg

Inside basement looking out:

day28-34.jpg

R Value of panels:

day28-35.jpg

How corner pieces are tied together:

day28-36.jpg

How straight pieces are tied together:

day28-37.jpg

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #147  
Really appreciate your photo documentation of the wall placement. Almost like being there and very educational.
Thanks.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #148  
the construction of the foundation was most impressive. a couple of questions, if i may: 1) what is your sense of the total elapsed time from showing up on site to leaving? this was all done in a single day, correct? 2) do you know what the cost differential between the superior walls foundation that you have and the "typical" process of forms, concrete trucks, etc?

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days
1) what is your sense of the total elapsed time from showing up on site to leaving? this was all done in a single day, correct?
Trucks arrived at 8:30am. They left around 2:00pm

2) do you know what the cost differential between the superior walls foundation that you have and the "typical" process of forms, concrete trucks, etc?
Regular basement with rough-in plumping, french door and 5 windows (2 double and a single) would have been about $25k. This was about $29k. So $4k premium, but well worth it I think, since the basement walls are fully insulated and ready to be finished later, should one so choose. Also a lot less mess on site, not to mention much faster. There are conduits built into the walls too for wiring, including around corners.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #150  
AMAZING! And great photos.

From what I read, you don't have to waterproof the outside either, it's already done.