Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #391  
Spoke to the builder and he was ok with me taking the scraps that I did. I did take all 7 6x6 post scraps, but left a lot of the other 2x craps behind (about half of them)..

I've heard of some builders who have the view that they are contracted to supply you with a house and that's what they deliver. Any materials which they get to build that house are his. If he hasn't used them all they are still his.
Then there are most others who aren't so tight**sed and are fairly relaxed about who does what with the scrap. Sounds like you got the second sort. :)

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days
Day 42

Great progress made today. I'll start out with the "approach shot".

day42-1.jpg

And now a number of shots featuring the garage.

day42-2.jpg

day42-3.jpg

Ron, you should be able to nail down the orientation of the house with this shot. :D I really like the header detail.

day42-4.jpg

Some poor sap was busy working on the pit for the stairs. They will be installing a drain at the bottom of the stairs with a dedicated drain pipe to daylight.

day42-5.jpg

And I guess they are building some sort of template for the pour for the steps? Btw, each step will be 12" wide and 8" tall.

day42-8.jpg

One of the 3 garage windows

day42-6.jpg

View into garage from house

day42-7.jpg

Outside angle

day42-9.jpg

Some interior shots. They completed all the reinforcements above doors and windows.

day42-10.jpg

day42-11.jpg

View out the kitchen window. Sink will be directly below this triple window.

day42-12.jpg

View out the living room slider

day42-13.jpg

View out the master bedroom slider

day42-14.jpg

Looking across the interior

day42-15.jpg

Looking at the kitchen from the outside. A stamped concrete patio will go here.

day42-16.jpg

Misc shots walking around the exterior

day42-17.jpg

day42-18.jpg

day42-19.jpg

day42-20.jpg

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #393  
Pete,
That was a lot of progress today. Good pictures. I may need a bigger hard drive by the 90th day. :)
Looks like my correction of which way the front faces is correct. I made an outline of her house direction on a satellite
view of her property a few days ago when I was just fooling around. A comment you made and a key item in many
of your pictures made finding it very simple.
Where do you plan to locate the outside HVAC compressor unit?

Ron

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #394  
Pete, I like the view out that triple kitchen window, but are you gonna thin some of those trees out? I'm diggin' the build....

MK160

P.S. What does your Mom think?

Pete, I like the view out that triple kitchen window, but are you gonna thin some of those trees out?
Absolutely! A *lot* more trees are going to be trimmed. Pretty much all the pines, and maybe some of the hardwoods too where it make sense for the view. But we are going to hold off until the primary landscaping around the house is done.

P.S. What does your Mom think?
She is very pleased with that has transpired so far, but concerned about meeting the May 1st date.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #397  
So, I have either read to fast or it isn't here. Who is the architect / company who sold you this system? I know superior on the foundation, but see no indication of who the house is being sold to you by. Got a website?

Carl

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #398  
Really nice looking framing!!!! I'm impressed with how they are not afraid to use plenty of lumber and not cutting any corners. Scary what some people have posted on their houses here, so it's very nice to see it done right and then some!!!

Eddie

Hi Carl,

I have not mentioned the name of the builder yet. They are doing a great job I think and have been amazing to work with, making changes at the 11th hour (based on great feedback from here!), with no fuzz.

They do a lot of different construction. Superior Walls is just one of many foundation method they build on. I'm very pleased with the confirmation that I picked a good builder from a rather larger field, based on the positive comments about the framing so far!

Really nice looking framing!!!! I'm impressed with how they are not afraid to use plenty of lumber and not cutting any corners. Scary what some people have posted on their houses here, so it's very nice to see it done right and then some!!!
Thanks Eddie! You signing off on the framing means a lot!