Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days
So I did manage a few night pics while monitoring the fire.

day11-4.jpg

day11-5.jpg

day11-6.jpg

Last edited:
   / Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #42  
Looks impressive to me; but I don't know squat about burning slash piles.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #43  
Love those night pics. How long until you start the foundation?

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #44  
So cool you are getting to do this for your Mom. I too lived close to my Mom about the last 10 years before she passed away almost 3 years ago, and was able to help out, take care of her. Was great to be able to do that.

She woud have loved the fires to - she liked nothing more than burning brush piles!

Love those night pics. How long until you start the foundation?
Monday!

So the cutting of trees is officially over! Here' s a shot from this morning. It was about 15 degrees. The remnants from the fire were still burning.

day12-1.jpg

And from later this afternoon. It just started snowing.

day12-2.jpg

I skidded all these out today from the back of the lot where the drain field will be. That's the last of the Yellow Pines that needed to be cleared to make room for the house and drain field.

day12-3.jpg

And here's what's left of the cut log pine. I'll pick though that tomorrow and load them onto my trailer.

day12-4.jpg

The area in front of the dozer is where the foundation will be dug.

day12-5.jpg

And a shot of what will be the drain field.

day12-6.jpg

Here's the fire pit. It has been loaded up with stumps for the night.

day12-7.jpg

Closer.

day12-8.jpg

Closer still.

day12-9.jpg

And a shot showing the entrance to the lot.

day12-10.jpg

And finally a shot of the excavator. The boom got a bit charred from working the fire last night and today.

day12-11.jpg

Quite a difference from this shot from page one when they dropped it off.

casecx130-01.jpg

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #46  
Great pics. Thanks for your continued commitment to documentation.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #47  
Nice looking trailer,good pics,youre gonna like tandem duals. Keep em coming. Looks like you alls weather is about as crazy as ours. LUTT

Thanks. Yeah, I had been way overloading that poor 7 ton trailer a lot hauling all this lumber. There will still be plenty of select cutting to do later, not to mention it is was really borderline for hauling my tractor, especially with the loader mounted and a heavy attachment on the back. I was able to trade it in for more than 90% of what I paid for it about exactly 1 year ago. Here's a couple of pics from when I just got it home Friday:

bigtex1.jpg

bigtex2.jpg

And here it is after being converted for log hauling. I put down the tarp to catch all the tree sap that I learned the hard way that freshly cut pine trees excretes. It is almost impossible to get rid off.

bigtex6.jpg

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #49  
Nice,like the center popup,you probly already know,but when its time to replace the tires,if it doesnt already have them,you may try g rated tires.I have heard nothing but good about big tex trailers. I have it narrowed down to them,p @ j, or a brand I have run across that I want to check out called tiger,from the pictures I have seen there good looking trailers.But dont know nothing about them. LUTT

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #50  
Pete, great job on clearing the property, sure do like all the pictures. Two questions for you; 1) with the purchase of the new trailer do you need a commercial driver's license to use the trailer? I thought there was a motor carrier law that due to the "combination" weight you might need a CDL. 2) Your old trailer was 24', what is the length of the new trailer? Stanley