Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #81  
Glad the cost was negligible. You will be so much happier with a bigger garage.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #82  
I have really enjoyed this thread so far, you have done a great job of documenting. It probably feels good to have all the burning taken care of and all the logs off to the mill.
Beautiful location and view!

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #83  
Smart move on the garage.

Chris

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #84  
Nice work. Nothing like a clean building site. I think it sends a message to those who come to work on the house, that neatness counts.

One thought about the trees, some usually get snapped off by wind when trees that were sheltered no longer are. Not much to be done for it that I know of if you want to keep mature trees on site. You should almost hope for a good windy storm now. :)

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #85  
Good deal on getting the 2-car garage! As an architect friend has told me, "Space is cheap, it's bathrooms and kitchens that are expensive."

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #86  
Good deal on getting the 2-car garage! As an architect friend has told me, "Space is cheap, it's bathrooms and kitchens that are expensive."

Boy, isn't that the truth.
Glad you went with the two car. Smart move.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #87  
I was going to say that if you couldnt add the extra space for garage, then a shed or pole barn will be needed , but its so much easier to add extra space part of house now since it would look like its been there.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #88  
Just curious....what was the final total of $'s you got from the logs?

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #89  
Great thread, thanks for sharing !!! You'll have a great scrapbook to pass down through generations here ...

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days
Lol, so true about bathrooms and kitchens!

Here's a shot from this morning before heading over to meet the builder at their model home to pick roofing, windows, siding, etc. Had a little bit of snow overnight, but it quickly melted. The remnants of the final fire can still be seen smoking in the background. It had burned down completely.

day18-1.jpg

And a shot late this afternoon when I came back. All the equipment has been hauled off to the next house they are getting ready to excavate.

day18-2.jpg

This is all that's left of the trees that were cut. I'm going to load the pile on the right on my trailer and haul to the mill Monday morning. The pile on the left is the hardwood that I haven't been able to give away. I guess I'll cut and split it for mom's fireplace next year.

day18-3.jpg

They completed the foundation, including putting in the drain pipes on the outside of where the superior walls will go. The drain pipe continues from the low corner all the way past the silt fence. There will be an additional french drain on the high side of the house, diverting surface water away from the house and down below the silt fence as well.

day18-4.jpg

day18-5.jpg

day18-6.jpg

And this is where the fire pit was. It has been completely filled in and level and will become part of the back yard. There are piles of top soil that will be spread back out on top of this before grass is seeded. I'll likely also till everything to fluff it up nice and then hit it with a york rake.

day18-7.jpg