Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #981  
Also wanted to mention, my wife and I are very impressed with you and yours at 49 years. :thumbsup:

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #982  
OK, my computer's starting to burp and smoke. :laughing: (or was that me...my pipe is looking a bit forlorn, over in the corner :D)

RTroundcolumns1WC_zpsda6bd584.jpg

RTroundcolumns1_zpsd3ad0c71.jpg

RTroundcolumnsbWC_zps109dba74.jpg

RTroundcolumnsb_zpsdb01951f.jpg

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #983  
Another angle. (and yeah, I need to build a slate top for the bump out/column base...sue me. :D)

RT4Tech_zpse64a4ef2.jpg

RT5_zpsfe9adc41.jpg

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #984  
And just in case Mom's a big JD fan too....:laughing:

JD-WC_zpsaa30a479.jpg

JD-RT_zps7be42813.jpg

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #985  
Another angle. (and yeah, I need to build a slate top for the bump out/column base...sue me. :D)

RT5_zpsfe9adc41.jpg

This is the best looking rendering I have seen yet - I love it. Again the left side is actually offset for about 2 feet towards the house. I like the fact that you kept the stone veneer level all around and I like the addition of the paver patio next to the driveway.
-Stu

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #986  
Jay, You seem to be getting a pretty good handle on Chief. I'm using X4 now myself. I see no need to upgrade beyond that as I have my house fully designed and sorted out in X4 and changing versions just causes problems, from past experience. You are finding the issues that Chief always has with transitions, like at the garage doorway. The only way to fix it is to fake out Chief, IMHO. Lay a thin slab over the top of it with the material you want. It is a hack, but it is the only way to fix some things the software does. Do you get driven nuts by the way the software moves things you thought were fixed previously? I can't tell you how many times I have had to go back and re-fix things because it has a mind of it's own in spots...

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #987  
Jay,
I haven't been avoiding your question. The wife and I just got back from the Golden Corral. They have been running Prime Rib and Shrimp on the weekends. My wife loves seafood and I love Prime Rib so a nice treat. Sure wasn't as good as what they used to serve at the USAF Officer Clubs, but it was worth the price. Now it's time for a nap.

Your tile cap on the wall is fine. The color will depend on what color they paint the house. I attached one of your renderings that you posted while we were away, which I like the best.
Of course I had to mess it up a little. I fixed the driveway going into the garage, moved the entrance back over next to the post, and added
a poor representation of the fake beam above the garage door. Shadowing is tricky just using PSe
and not worth the time for this. Your program does it automatically, probably at any angle you choose.

Can you actually add Peter's house to a background as it is now and use the props in your program to finish it? The old program I had did that and I think the HDTV one I mentioned does too. It looks to be a rebranded one of one somebody showed of your company.
I think his front door is going to have glass sidelights, if you have a choice of doors.
Any way, great work on your part. I hope the other folks look at your profile and then your website. They will be impressed!
Ron

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #988  
Jay,
I haven't been avoiding your question. The wife and I just got back from the Golden Corral. They have been running Prime Rib and Shrimp on the weekends. My wife loves seafood and I love Prime Rib so a nice treat. Sure wasn't as good as what they used to serve at the USAF Officer Clubs, but it was worth the price. Now it's time for a nap.

Your tile cap on the wall is fine. The color will depend on what color they paint the house. I attached one of your renderings that you posted while we were away, which I like the best.
Of course I had to mess it up a little. I fixed the driveway going into the garage, moved the entrance back over next to the post, and added
a poor representation of the fake beam above the garage door. Shadowing is tricky just using PSe
and not worth the time for this. Your program does it automatically, probably at any angle you choose.

Can you actually add Peter's house to a background as it is now and use the props in your program to finish it? The old program I had did that and I think the HDTV one I mentioned does too. It looks to be a rebranded one of one somebody showed of your company.
I think his front door is going to have glass sidelights, if you have a choice of doors.
Any way, great work on your part. I hope the other folks look at your profile and then your website. They will be impressed!
Ron
I did, and I am.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #989  
The concrete block courtyard walls on the real house seem a little high to me for my tastes. If cap stones are put on top of the existing concrete walls, the walls will even get higher. I think lower walls like Jay has drawn are more visually appealing.

/ Building a stick frame house in the woods in 90 days #990  
The concrete block courtyard walls on the real house seem a little high to me for my tastes. If cap stones are put on top of the existing concrete walls, the walls will even get higher. I think lower walls like Jay has drawn are more visually appealing.
I agree I would almost tend to make them around 24" and cap so they could be used for seating!