AIR NAILERS

/ AIR NAILERS #1  

lutt

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota ZG 22, John Deere 4200 4wd/ 420 loader, 4 wd,08 polaris 700 ranger crew
Hey guys/gales, need some advice on a framing nailer and finish nailer,not junk,but not over the top either. Something a homeowner could use from time to time and not break the bank.:shocked: I have several projects starting this year,finishing a basement which will require several studded walls,a fairly large deck to build,and dividing my shop into a heated cooled workshop in the back of it.My shoulder dont like hammer swinging much anymore for any length of time. I figure the projects section would be about as good as any place to start this thread. There is always some great building going on here:thumbsup: I do also realize you get what you pay for. THANKS LUTT

/ AIR NAILERS #2  
Harbor Freight. I bought about 2 or 3 framing nailers when they were on a pretty good sale for $50 or so. They work for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 nails or so. I built a whole house and them some more with one of them.

Of course i would think Dewalt or a another name brand would be better, but for once in a while go cheap.

/ AIR NAILERS
Thanks,that is what I need to here about,what kind of luck everyone has had. I feel like I have enough work to justify one anyway.LUTT

/ AIR NAILERS #4  
I have 3 Porter Cable nailers. 1 framing, 1 finish nail and 1 staple. They all work great, one tool I would not want to be without. The framer has built many things, it has the most hours used. I have not tried HF, there was none near me at the time. I did switch out the trigger on my framer for a semi-auto, the hold & bump trigger was too crazy for me. Maybe if I used it 45 hours a week I'd appreciate it.

I prefer the full head nails that my framer uses. Pretty amazing how long a box of nails lasts.

/ AIR NAILERS #5  
I buy what is the most bang for the buck. Just about got all them online.

Framing. Campbell Hausfield
Roofing. Craftsman
Finish Stapler. Sure Bond
Brad Nailer. Bostitch
Finish Nailer. Ridgid
Crown Stapler. Harbor Freight

I did start off with a Bostitch framing nailer from Lowes that failed during the first project. It was replaced with the CH that has been trouble free for 2 barn builds, a deck, and numerous smaller projects.

Chris

/ AIR NAILERS
Thanks Chris, I think I am gonna see a pattern start here. LUTT

/ AIR NAILERS
I have 3 Porter Cable nailers. 1 framing, 1 finish nail and 1 staple. They all work great, one tool I would not want to be without. The framer has built many things, it has the most hours used. I have not tried HF, there was none near me at the time. I did switch out the trigger on my framer for a semi-auto, the hold & bump trigger was too crazy for me. Maybe if I used it 45 hours a week I'd appreciate it.

I prefer the full head nails that my framer uses. Pretty amazing how long a box of nails lasts.

Thanks to you also Mike. I will check them out also.

/ AIR NAILERS #8  

Have the Porter Cable Framer as well--very happy with it.

/ AIR NAILERS #9  
I have a Porter Cable framing nailer and Porter cable staple gun. I have the Harbor Freight professional series 18 gauge brad nailer/stapler that I use for most finish mouldings etc. If I was looking and seen a HF angled stick nailer especially on sale I buy it :)

/ AIR NAILERS
Thanks also DFB, I think that is the pattern I was talking about, seems like so far, people have had luck with the cheaper brands. I dont mind to invest money in my hand tools,but something that is not gonna get used to help me make a living and I can get by with is a better investment. Thanks guys, we will take all the opinion,help,and real life expierance that you guys have.LUTT