Need advice, land clearing. Any video's?

/ Need advice, land clearing. Any video's?
I can see now that the roots on the bigger stuff will come out better leaving them intact. Most of the field only has small brush, that is why I was thinking root rake or a tooth bar for back dragging. I plan on posting some pics/ video of the project as I get into it. thanks for the 2 cents.

Clem

/ Need advice, land clearing. Any video's? #42  
I have no idea about the land there ! Here in south louisiana we have topsoil then clay . roots and stumps rot really fast here ! A dozer would stir things up too bad ! Be detrimental to the topsoil ! I`d cut the trees grind the stumps if they are too big to pull out ! Get a set of heavy discs or scarfire and pullem till your content you can farm it . Dozers and backhoes are great for building wallmarts and subdivisions but are not what i`d call a tool to prepare for rowcrops ! yes dozers and backhoes can dig ! But so what if you can`t grow nothing in the dirt they stirred up !

The land is fertile, but has lots of rocks in it. The roots of the small trees should come out rather easily with my small compact 32hp. I farmed it years ago with a smaller 9n and it did ok, but now it has grown it a bit, leads to a new challenge. I hope to get into it when the weather gets better in June. Thanks

I have no idea about the land there ! Here in south louisiana we have topsoil then clay . roots and stumps rot really fast here ! A dozer would stir things up too bad ! Be detrimental to the topsoil ! I`d cut the trees grind the stumps if they are too big to pull out ! Get a set of heavy discs or scarfire and pullem till your content you can farm it . Dozers and backhoes are great for building wallmarts and subdivisions but are not what i`d call a tool to prepare for rowcrops ! yes dozers and backhoes can dig ! But so what if you can`t grow nothing in the dirt they stirred up !

/ Need advice, land clearing. Any video's? #44  
I have a 4 in 1 bucket for my tractor and I have been clearing a few acres and it works great. That might be something to think about. It can pull up the small trees easily with the roots.

/ Need advice, land clearing. Any video's? #45  
From the photos and description of vegetation I believe you could clear everything readily with a root grapple mounted in place of your bucket. I have readily pushed over and uprooted trees up to 5" and made large burnable piles of brush. After getting the bigger stuff off, a single pass with the grapple teeth 4" or so into the soil will tear out all roots and the smaller stuff. Contact WR Long and get his advice on a grapple for your machine. That would be an investment that will be more useful than you can imagine in the years ahead, give you much enjoyable seat time and definitely get the job you describe done.

thanks for your ideas and help, I may be looking into a grapple, those things just seem so much fun to use. Never had one, but I think a grapple would work nicely. I will check those out.

/ Need advice, land clearing. Any video's? #47  
My tractor is a little smaller but similar to yours. Photo should give you an idea of what a grapple mounted on your tractor would look like---WR Long RGB2 54" wide on my L2800. 036.jpg

very nice set up, did you set up the front hydraulics yourself? That is my only worry.

My tractor is a little smaller but similar to yours. Photo should give you an idea of what a grapple mounted on your tractor would look like---WR Long RGB2 54" wide on my L2800.View attachment 310239

/ Need advice, land clearing. Any video's? #49  
Hydraulics were installed by Kubota dealer when I bought tractor....paid him$570 to furnish and install the WR Long "Electric over Hydraulic Valve Kit".