building our retirement cabin

/ building our retirement cabin #91  
Rmorey thanks for the tip. the cord has 2 flat ends side by side and the third ground I thought this was a 15 amp plug.

If you go to the hardware store and find a corresponding receptacle to the cord plug, you will find its rated for 220 volts 20 amps. It will require a #12/2 wire and a 20 amp breaker. The other thing, electrical codes are state by state, but most will not allow more than one 220v receptacle on a circuit.

/ building our retirement cabin
Lots of things can happen in 40 days however this cabin build was not one of them. Oridginally I started a thread making my tractor cab for my t1510. One of the posts had a picture of the cabin in the background and when asked about it I decided to post the build. We purchased the lot in the fall of 2009, cleared and started the build in 2010 however due to the wettest year in 50yrs we were unable to do very much. Most of the build was in 2011 when we got the roof on and the subfloor in. In 2012 due to health issues of my wife and weddings of my two daughters very little was done. We are almost through one of the worst winter's we have had in a long time and are getting ready to go at it again this summer hopefully to get it where we can use it finally. Hope this answers your question.

thankyou rick I will look when I go to pick up the breaker and the receptacle. I would only have this on its own breaker.

/ building our retirement cabin #94  
Thanks for the time line explanation. I was a bit confused about it too.

Enjoying your build thread.

/ building our retirement cabin #96  
Waiting to hear "the rest of the story"! Hope all is well, triangel!!!

Well finally got up to do some work on our cabin may long weekend, We got all the gang together and we managed to sand all the out side logs. We used angle grinders with cup wire brushes on them and they worked very well . We are ready to do the log seal and chinking next however that will be on hold again as my wife just had her second knee replacement surgery on Mon. This is a picture when we were done and we spent an afternoon playing in the mud DSCF5143.jpg

/ building our retirement cabin #98  
:laughing: Great pic. :thumbsup: Hope your wife heals up well and fast.

To all the people who followed this thread I would like to apologize for the time it took , Life has a way of throwing curve balls at you , a battle with cancer and a heart attack have slowed this build for a while, Anyhow the pictures I am posting were from 2017 of us putting up the ceiling boards. The original plan was to mill our own boards but circumstances changed that . My kids helped me doing this two months after my surgery. I will try to update with more pics as time allows to the present time.cabin ceiling2.jpgcabin ceiling 6.jpg

more pictures of the ceiling fan and lightscabin ceiling5.jpgcabin ceiling4.jpg