Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Default Re: Not my day

My B26 backhoe is a piece of cake to take off, maybe 2 minutes to get the pressure off so you can slide 2 pins out then pull forward a foot or two and lower the backhoe to the ground and relieve all the pressure (best with engine off) then uncouple the hose from the backhoe, loop the supply back to the return on the tractor. Then you have to install all the lift arms which takes longer. Getting it back on is a little more difficult to get it all aligned so you can back into the slots in the lower part of the sub-frame and it has to be absolutely level and square to do it. I took it off and put it back on when I bought it to see how to do it and it hasn't been off since. It is GREAT to have two tractors so you can keep the hoe on one and do the 3 PH thing with the other.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    Kubota M7040 - L3130 - ZD326S

When I took the PHD off the first time (and only time so far), I drilled it into the ground a few feet, then hooked the boom with a strap and pulled it up under a cross member on an old cattle pen my dad built many years ago. Unfortunately - for future use - the old cattle pen is in the way of the vineyard so it'll be coming down soon. As for backhoes (and FEL's for that matter) - I'm pretty sure I'd consider those reason enough to buy a second (or third) tractor...
    Keith

Kubota M7040 Kubota L3130

San Ducerro Vineyards Yoakum, TX

Elite Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by robbyr View Post
    On the Mahindra, the top link pin is very tight. Never seen another tractor that the top link pin was hard to put in or take out til this one.
    Back when I looked at Mahindra, I took one look at their backhoe attachment setup and imagined it would be a nightmare to attach.

Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

Quote Originally Posted by daugen View Post
    Man that sounds easier than trying to deal with the factory stand on my LP phd. Nothing ever lines up right.
    You just backed up, screwed it in a foot or two and left it? Utter simplicity. But for progress sake let's make it more
    complicated....sigh. Lots of folk have dirt or gravel floors in sheds, sure could work for me.
    Maybe it's because you are from Wise County?
    I placed mine outdoors, dont think I could use valuable space under a roof for a PHD. It is easiest way I've found to do it. I had a neighbor put a piece of cement pipe about 10" diameter in the ground to drop his bit in, that work good too.
    Dennis

"Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Tractor
    Bobcat V417 Toolcat 5610 F TORO+Loader

Fast forward to today. Decide to put backhoe on tractor. Up and down off tractor trying to line up 3pt arms. Finally get one pin in. Had to ease forward a bit and finally get the other arm on only to find out the toplink won't reach (its a solid bar). Undo it all start over again. Backed up, got the toplink on, then ease forward and manage to get the pins in after a few up and down trips to see when holes line up.
    All of this to say I probably spent thirty minutes or so trying to hook the durned thing up
    Next time connect the hoses, and use the outriggers and bucket curl to position it.
    If you don't have a cab, put a elbow on a short piece of PVC pipe, use it on the lever to raise and lower the lift arms while standing where you can see when it lines up, and push it over the pin. Do the fixed arm first, then crank the side link to line up the the other side.

Worked for me, YMMV.
    Last edited by Xfaxman; 03-05-2013 at 08:09 PM.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 35

Quote Originally Posted by MotorSeven View Post
    I hate tractor backhoes just for that reason. The neighbor had one & it usually took three of us a half hr to hook it up if everything went well.
    They are not all that way.
    I have a subframe mounted backhoe. It is easy to remove/install.
    I can remove it in 5 minutes and install it in 10. (no helpers needed)
    Vince,
    Kioti DK 35
    Hustler Super Z

Tractor
    Branson 3520R

Ive been thinking of a BH for my branson. The dealer told me I would need a sub frame for the branson BH. Is a sub frame necessary with a 3point back hoe?

Tractor
    ford and mahindra

Well I must be retarded cuz I don't know what a subframe is. The first time I hooked the backhoe up I did use a piece of pvc pipe, but from the seat I reached down and moved the three point arm over in position. The biggest thing for me is I can't see the when the holes line up so I get up and down numerous times til I get it right. I have four cinder blocks, two on top of the other two with a couple 2 x 4's. When I get thru with the tractor I back up over blocks and ease it down to get the pressure off. Not sure what was meant by Mahindra backhoe attachment setup, its just another three point implement. Pump on pto so no hoses to attach.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tchara View Post
    Ive been thinking of a BH for my branson. The dealer told me I would need a sub frame for the branson BH. Is a sub frame necessary with a 3point back hoe?
    A subframe is critical on most tractors because it protects the tractor from breaking in half!!
    The Hoe on the rear puts a lot of strain on the center of the tractor that it is not designed for so the subframe adds strength and removes shock to the middle.

Tractor
    Bobcat V417 Toolcat 5610 F TORO+Loader

Well I must be retarded cuz I don't know what a subframe is. The first time I hooked the backhoe up I did use a piece of pvc pipe, but from the seat I reached down and moved the three point arm over in position. The biggest thing for me is I can't see the when the holes line up so I get up and down numerous times til I get it right. I have four cinder blocks, two on top of the other two with a couple 2 x 4's. When I get thru with the tractor I back up over blocks and ease it down to get the pressure off. Not sure what was meant by Mahindra backhoe attachment setup, its just another three point implement. Pump on pto so no hoses to attach.
    Mine had a PTO pump, back up close, put the pump on, use the backhoe hydraulics and the PVC pipe on the lift lever to align the lift arms and the solid top link.

Subframes:
    -download-medium-jpg-images-medium-jpg-ranchho12-large-jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast