need to purchase 24"x20' black plastic culvet pipe

/ need to purchase 24"x20' black plastic culvet pipe #1  

redharley

Gold Member
Tractor
BX2230
need to purchase new pipe for my road crossing to one of my feilds size as listed above, having hard time locating one in central Pa. at affordable price.Anybody have any good places with decent prices. I have found price's from $350- 1200. Can't locate any local except home depot close by and there at the top price. would travel an hour or so. if you have any ideas post them here thanks Bill

/ need to purchase 24"x20' black plastic culvet pipe #2  
I bought one in Texas last year at this time for $428. That's $21.40 per foot. That's a double wall 24" pipe. If you buy two, they throw in the o-ring grease for "free.";) I bought 7 sections of culvert pipe in different diameters and paid $100 for them to be delivered 30 mi round trip. That was a good deal because I only have a 12' trailer and the 20' sections are too long for that. You could get away with a 18' or 16' trailer with a flag, but I thought the delivery fee was fair. Of course you can pay less or pay more, but I felt like that price delivered to my door and unloaded was a fair deal. BTW: 12" x 20' pipe is $133 each and 18"x 20' pipe is $256. If you don't have to have a 24" pipe, you can save yourself a bundle by going with 18" ones. 18" pipe will carry LOTS of water.

/ need to purchase 24"x20' black plastic culvet pipe #4  
check out catalone pipe supply in penfield pa

/ need to purchase 24"x20' black plastic culvet pipe #5  
See if there is an "HD Supply Waterworks" near you:

HD Supply Waterworks

I don't know their price on 24" pipe, but I paid $160 for 15" ID / 18" OD pipe there last year (bought two a few months apart).

/ need to purchase 24"x20' black plastic culvet pipe #6  
How does the HDPE stand up to sunlight or does it need to be underground to hold up?

/ need to purchase 24"x20' black plastic culvet pipe #7  
why would you install a hdpe pipe above ground? kind of defeats the purpose right?

/ need to purchase 24"x20' black plastic culvet pipe #8  
I don't think they have issues with sun exposure. I know I have some that have been around for 20+ years in the sun with no issues.

/ need to purchase 24"x20' black plastic culvet pipe #9  
350 sounds like a great price to me. 24" at 20" is sold around here for 450 a stick. I do check Craigslist as sometimes pieces come up, but I would jump on the 350 if offered.

/ need to purchase 24"x20' black plastic culvet pipe #10  
Are you close to a New Enterprise S&l plant? most of them have a warehouse that will sell retail, Roaring Spring plant is close to me and they stock plastic from 4" to 36" and actually have a storefront & will sell to the public. LB Water is another municipal type supplier that carries the drainage pipe, supposed to be wholesale only but my local one will sell retail (no charge cards). Also Lane Metals in Bedford , a metal pipe manufacturer but they stock and sell ADS plastic as well. If you can't find a phone # or address just let me know which one.

Ray