Fun day with the grapple and box blade - tearing down a quick little shed

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fun day with the grapple and box blade - tearing down a quick little shed #11  
It's easy to "monday morning quaterback" these things. One thought I had was that had the OP could have had some material to use on a project had he used a screwgun and prybar in lieu of a grapple. Everything could have filled a pickup bed less than 1/2 way.

/ Fun day with the grapple and box blade - tearing down a quick little shed #12  
Let's be realistic here. The way the concern for a young child was expressed did come off as a harsh criticism of the OP and his thinking process. However, had the OP been the unfortunate uncle of the 4 year old who was recently run over and killed, the response would have been much different.
It is foolish to justify by one's own stupid justification for dumb behavior: "I did worse when I was a kid, just so many years ago...." This type of rationalization is what brings denial into logical thinking. OK, so you got away with it, now you want your kid to follow in your footsteps, and maybe due to circumstances beyond your control end with vastly different irreversible consequences?! Tell it to your wife and the kid's brother if something bad happens and see what their reactions are to preventable events.
Your cursing and name calling does show your ignorance and immaturity. Your kid can learn plenty standing out of harm's way and watching you knock things down and demolish stuff, necessarily or not. I agree with the poster who said the scrap metal potential WAS there, but not after the destruction took place.
You don't want feedback, whether you consider it to be to your liking or not- then go elsewhere and post elsewhere. It's NO loss having someone with your attitude and setting of BAD examples of how to operate a tractor, gone.:2cents:
Take it or leave it, but you are NOT a safe tractor user by any stretch of the imagination.

CM-out

/ Fun day with the grapple and box blade - tearing down a quick little shed
The metal did make it to the scape pile at the father-in-laws junk-yard. Not sure how pulling it down with the grapple had any effect on that. None of us had any use for 30 year old tin - so to the recycling pile it went.

As for my son - you raise yours as you want - I will raise mine as I see fit.

As for my terrible display of the use and safety of equipment - by all means - please feel free to avoid watching or reading any of my posts. I think that would be a "win-win"

/ Fun day with the grapple and box blade - tearing down a quick little shed #14  
The metal did make it to the scape pile at the father-in-laws junk-yard. Not sure how pulling it down with the grapple had any effect on that. None of us had any use for 30 year old tin - so to the recycling pile it went.

As for my terrible display of the use and safety of equipment - by all means - please feel free to avoid watching or reading any of my posts. I think that would be a "win-win"

For those who haven't read it:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/safety/273603-4-year-old-boy-killed.html

/ Fun day with the grapple and box blade - tearing down a quick little shed #15  

My kids are raised, hope you get the opportunity and the privilege to do so with yours. You post, I'll read, if I choose to, and comment, as needed. Who knows you might actually learn something in the process.:confused3:

/ Fun day with the grapple and box blade - tearing down a quick little shed #16  

I hope you get the chance to raise him & nothing unfortunate happens to him. I ran ambulance for about 20 years or so & it seems every spring or summer we have one or two tractor accidents. Most of them turn out pretty bad. Many people have been killed when something comes out of the bucket & lands on them. You had your young son on there with you with absolutely no protection except the ROPS. If one of those slabs of concrete, for example, which you were carrying too high, would have come loose & fallen back towards him, would he or you have had a chance at not being injured or killed? You're the kid's parent, USE SOME COMMON SENSE! The kid, the dog, and everyone else should never have been anywhere near you when you were demolishing that shed. You, the equipment operator, are responsible for everyone's safety that is on scene.

/ Fun day with the grapple and box blade - tearing down a quick little shed #17  
Opinions are like belly buttons (not my first choice of words) , everyone's got one. For whatever reason...seems like everybody's an OSHA nanny these days when it comes to your own kids (and dogs?). Looks like you got the job done and had fun doing it...and your kid did too. Good on ya!

2X. I liked the video for what it is. People are forgetting to use tact while on the Internet. It is basically anonymous so why not be a jerk? There is no longer the risk of "a punch in the face" that is there when done in person. Good points were made on safety and efficiency no doubt. But really? Come on people.....very harsh.

Having your posts deleted must tell you something. Not throwing stones but really, you don't see it? :confused3:

PTO speed does seem like 2 much. What should it be for that type of work? Now that would be a good tip to learn from.

/ Fun day with the grapple and box blade - tearing down a quick little shed #18  
Nice post.. enjoyed it.. do enjoy demo.. not needed take down and haul off.. I bet that baby enjoyed it also.. I know mine did when they were young.. Lou

/ Fun day with the grapple and box blade - tearing down a quick little shed #19  
Man I swear there's something in the air tonight that's making people mean. Its all over these boards today. I think I'll go hide in the garage.

/ Fun day with the grapple and box blade - tearing down a quick little shed #20  
My long ago neighbor was a hothead with a brand new John Deere and bush hog. One day, he had his preadolescent son out there on his lot-clearing project, walking along side of the bush hog as they cut down brush and drove over logs. The kid's job was to drag away some of the stuff the hothead didn't want to drive over. He hadn't been an operator long enough to see how a bush hog can hit an unseen obstacle, lift up, and spit it out in any direction at incredible velocity. Had I confronted him, he would have told me to mind my own business too. His kid survived that day, which probably helped reinforce the hothead's MO.

I had to stop watching that video. Having a kid on your lap is a failure to imagine what can go wrong when you compress a spring, among other things. Sorry if that offends some of you but there are many riding mower and tractor drivers out there that would give there left sphere for a second chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.