the most important thing in the shop when working on projects

/ the most important thing in the shop when working on projects #1  

sam5570

Veteran Member
Tractor
new holland tn70
seem's like every time i am working on something in the shop there is one thing i go to almost every time, when i was a kid we clled it the bent nail can - now i call it the junk box it;s kinda full. DSC00435.jpg:thumbsup:

/ the most important thing in the shop when working on projects #2  
That's my miracle dish . Seems to always have that bolt nut or screw I need to finish the job. I" ve found some pretty strange stuff that I need to use and BAM its there.

/ the most important thing in the shop when working on projects
it just seems that don't matter what im working on i got to got to that pan to find something i need to make something else work.

/ the most important thing in the shop when working on projects #4  
A chalk stick, so I can sketch the project plan out on the concrete floor - no need for a computer & CAD drawing :D

/ the most important thing in the shop when working on projects #5  
Large tin can with lid. Popcorn came it when new. Always looking in it for screws, nuts ,bolts,and other such pieces when fixing something. If un fixing something the save for later parts get removed and thrown into the can.

/ the most important thing in the shop when working on projects #6  
Funny, we have a large cabinet with four drawers that used to be for "dress patterns" in it's former life. It is full of all sorts of nuts, bolts, screws, nails and PVC fittings.

Fortunately, my brother used to install commercial steel shelving and brought home loads of unused fasteners of all sorts and sizes so we have a very nice array of them when we need one.

/ the most important thing in the shop when working on projects #7  
A chalk stick, so I can sketch the project plan out on the concrete floor - no need for a computer & CAD drawing :D

I use a carpenter's pencil, it's more precise... ;)

/ the most important thing in the shop when working on projects #8  
I have coffee cans and mason jars full of nuts, bolts,screws and most everything in between that I have collected for 40 years.

/ the most important thing in the shop when working on projects #9  
In my garage I have an old chest full of at least 2 of every thing I need. That is only when I need it I can't find it so end up buying 2 more. After finishing the project and put the extra one away for next time seems like I always find what I needed in the first place! Anyone else with that problem?

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ the most important thing in the shop when working on projects #10  
My hand tools are the most important.