Log Bench

/ Log Bench #1  

Jaymed

Tractor
MF 240, MF 245
Hello I am new to the site. I have found many interesting and helpful threads on the site. We are taking some youth young men on a camping retreat and as a service project are planning to make log benches or seats. Any ideas on this project would be appreciated.

I am a brick mason by trade but now am a CDL driver to keep food on the table. We burn wood to heat house, shop, and hot water on a self built waterstove. Might post pics later.
Thanks
Jayme

/ Log Bench #2  
:welcome: to TBN

/ Log Bench
Thanks for the welcome!

/ Log Bench #6  
Greetings Jayme and welcome to TractorByNet.

/ Log Bench #8  
When I built my cabin almost 20 years ago I made a half dozen benches for visitors and scattered them around the trails. I found some dead-fall oaks about 20 inches in diameter and cut them into about five foot lengths. I sliced those in half with the chainsaw and used the saw to cut a "V" about 6 inches from each end on the rounded or bark side. I then went back to the log and cut some 24 inch logs and cut a bit off one side to make it flat, then arranged them so the flattened half log lay across them. It made a sturdy bench and they lasted about 10 years. I then made more the same way. Easy and effective way to get seating... And it looks good in a forest setting.

/ Log Bench #9  
Welcome to TBN:thumbsup: