fence options

/ fence options #1  

TimberXX

Platinum Member
Tractor
BCS 770 Italian 2 Wheel Tractor, Grillo 107d, BCS 853, Deere x350, Deere x730
We are going to install a modest light gauge wire fence. When I checked out the tractor supply website they didn't show any plastic coated fence, only galvi.

Does anyone know the difference between galvi and plastic coated as far as longevity?

/ fence options #2  
The longest lasting fence I ever used was high tensile,class 3 galvanized woven wire.I have some that is 25 years old,and just starting to rust. TSC has Gaucho brand.

/ fence options #3  
Depending upon the length of your fence, and purpose, of course, I'd suggest that you look at the "feed lot panels" at TS as well. They are 4ga galvie wire and very substantial. Costs vary depending upon upon the size of the grid, but I just put in the 50" X 16' and they came out pretty well. I'll try to get my sil to help me post pics today.

Sorry, can't help with your plastic/galvie question.

/ fence options
I am looking to fence in a 40 lb farm dog. He has a ton of energy and loves to "heard" the wildlife

25 years from a galvi fence is impressive. Thanks for the help guys.

Any suggestions on the easiest way to install t posts in very rocky soil?

/ fence options #5  
We are going to install a modest light gauge wire fence. When I checked out the tractor supply website they didn't show any plastic coated fence, only galvi.

Does anyone know the difference between galvi and plastic coated as far as longevity?

Is this what you are looking for?
Kencote Wire 12.5 Gauge White 1320 ft

/ fence options #6  
you looking for woven or stranded?

/ fence options #7  
If you want longevity go with the class 3. It will outlast class 1 by decades. Plastic coat has little to nothing underneath and once coating damaged will rust easily. Field fence vs horse fence (2x4 inch opening) and height you have to figure out. Stretch tight keeps it looking good longer.

/ fence options #10  
Use welded only if your plan is to replace within the next two years. It does not last from the places I have seen it used. Just saying. As always everyone has an opinion as to what is worth their money.