Let's See Your Workbench

/ Let's See Your Workbench #21  
It appears that 4 x 4s are popular for the legs on workbenches, and they certainly make good legs, but the so called landscape timbers that are flat on two sides and rounded on the other two are much cheaper and as long as they're going to be inside and not get wet, I figure they'd last a lifetime.
P1200015.JPG

/ Let's See Your Workbench #22  
Bird

I need you come organize my pegboard :)

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Let's See Your Workbench #23  
When I bought this place there was a couple of kitchen cabinet tear outs setting loose in the shop. Fastened them to the wall and ripped a 4x8 sheet of 3/4" high density particle board for underlay and topped with 1/4" masonite. Made 2 2x8 work benches with drawers and storage shelves already in. Put up pegboard behind and it made a pretty good setup. Now if I could just keep from piling stuff on them so you can never see the tops...
Not the best pic, but it does show one wall. Metal shelves and lockers come in mighty handy as well, it pays to scrounge.

Last edited:
   / Let's See Your Workbench #24  
Well You asked for it! I tend to look for things in the last place I used them. Drives my wife crazy. She is a super neat freak with everything organized. Needless to say I am not allowed in her sewing room and she stays out of my garage. There is a workbench or two buried under that stuff.
DSC_0156.jpgDSC_0155.jpgDSC_0154.jpgDSC_0157.jpg

/ Let's See Your Workbench #25  
Right now both of mine 'one metal topped other just plywood' are BURIED in items waiting on parts, manuals and tools and half done "quick fix" stuffs....... ALOT like everybodys benches!!

/ Let's See Your Workbench #27  
Well my workbench for the last 30 years in Virginia has been a Delta table saw.

BUT in my retirement workshops I'm using pallet racking.

I've got about 120 linear feet of pallet racking in various configurations, but all are 8' or 8.5' beams.

I put down a 3/4" piece of plywood and then a sheet of 3/4 masonite on top. So far I've 7 workbenches.

8x6SAM_0773.jpg

Attachments

• 8x6SAM_0727.jpg
    8x6SAM_0727.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 563
   / Let's See Your Workbench #28  
Very nice Dakotagun,I plan on building a small bard and this set-up will be in it,thank you.

/ Let's See Your Workbench #29  
went out to the shop to take a picture of mine but I could not find it maybe later.

/ Let's See Your Workbench #30  
Thanks for the pictures