Toilet question

/ Toilet question #1  

Richard

Elite Member
Tractor
International 1066 Full sized JCB Loader/Backhoe and a John Deere 430 to mow with
Converting a space to full bath. Plumbing is now installed, subfloor down and the attachment piece (to bolt base to floor) is in place. Wife has decided she would like the toilet 'scooted' over about 1/2 of an inch to the side. Can this be done at all or would it require something like cutting the drainpipe and moving it??

/ Toilet question #2  
Check plumbing supplies or the big box stores for an off-setting toilet flange....most are meant to be used in line but you can probably off-set it laterally too...

some fit inside existing flanges ...others require removing the existing flange...be sure the bowel bolts will line up with the flange slots...

/ Toilet question #3  
As pine stated, make sure the offset flange has adjustable metal ring so you can offset left or right not just front to back

Offset Flange.JPG

/ Toilet question #4  
I've put in a 4" closet bend and was able to easily move 1/2" in any directions...

If you have a 3" you might be stuck having to buy and adaptor... lots of different offsets on the market.

/ Toilet question
To be clear, the flange is already installed and glued. I'm beginning to think it won't work

/ Toilet question #6  
The beauty of PVC pipe is that you can cut it and glue it back together with the proper pieces very easily. It's not a big deal to "re-do"

/ Toilet question #7  
The beauty of PVC pipe is that you can cut it and glue it back together with the proper pieces very easily. It's not a big deal to "re-do"

And it's not a big deal to repair any subfloor as needed.

There is no underlayment or finished floor down, correct?

/ Toilet question #9  
Depending on how the pipe is run, and how the hole is cut, it may be possible to get 1/2" of movement out of it.

You will probably have to elongate the hole. If you can unbolt the flange from the floor, you may be able to pry it up enough to cut the hole. If not, you may have to cut off some of the flange.

There are flange repair kits that can be used to replace the missing section.

/ Toilet question #10  
Richard, I just re-read your post, if you only need to move 1/2", disregard what I posted above, that would move it twice that amount, if you take out screws that hold the flange down, you might be able tu fudge 1/2" without putting undue strain on pipe, don't know how it's laid out, if you have a tall enough riser, shouldn't be a problem.