Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Kubota B2320HST

Default Re: New Pole Building

It is a good looking building.
    MIKE

Ephesians 6:12

America is a Constitutional Republic.......NOT a democracy! Our founder knew democracies never last!

"Iowa Child" by Sarah Hall Manley

Tractor
    5420 JD and 790 JD

Good job on the building. How long did the building take? What was the cost? And, do you have a link on those beams? I haven't seen them used before. I need a hay building, and as most farmers, I'd like to spend as little as possible on it.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota GL 3940

Nice! How are the posts set? And depth?
    Kubota GL 3940, FEL w/ssqa, third function valve, grapple, 6' Landpride cutter, 6' landscape rake, 6' box blade, post hole auger

"Knowledge is knowing the street is one way. Wisdom is still looking both ways before crossing"

Tractor
    Kioti RX6010

The building took them 3 long days. I had the site prep done when they arrived and started. The total cost of the building constructed was $16,370. The posts are spaced at 8'-0" on center and drilled to a depth of 36" and set on 8"x18" diameter concrete. They are (3) 2x6 Glue Laminated with the bottom portions treated for earth contact and that is why they are green on the bottom portion.

Tractor
    Kioti RX6010

Well I finally was able to put a few toys in the new building. I had 30 tons of crusher run hauled in and spread level using a transit. Then I compacted it using a plate vibrator for a nice packed level floor. Eventually I will get concrete but this provides a nice flat floor in the meantime. Doors are next on the list.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-3252771832-jpg   -image-2193058822-jpg   -image-1546502832-jpg  

Tractor
    New Holland TC40

Looks mighty fine with motor home and truck inside.
    "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end ..."
    When there is a huge solar energy spill, it is called a "nice day"!

Tractor
    Kubota B2320HST

I'll bet it is nice to be able to put such a fine motorhome in out of the elements. Looks great.
    BTW What part of PA are you located in?
    MIKE

Ephesians 6:12

America is a Constitutional Republic.......NOT a democracy! Our founder knew democracies never last!

"Iowa Child" by Sarah Hall Manley

Tractor
    Jinma 284

Nice looking job on the laying & leveling of the CR & that will make one NICE base for the eventual concrete! Good to not have to RUSH to try and get some fill in and will give it some extra time to self compact so eventually the concrete will hardly move or crack when done in future. My barn took 10 years to get the concrete $ saved up in the mean time I wish had a floor in there that was half as good as one you now have. My concrete was done in Sept 11 and so far only cracks that showed up are at the very ends of the expansion joint cuts outside on the pad. This area had some last minute fill added & compacted but just the final bit from the cut area. the other area is at the Garage Door where the inside and outside pads meet. There are some rebar reinforcing in the area & the cracks are hairline inside around the closest post. none of which will ever effect anything, I did NOT cut the inside floor either as I didn't think it would be worth it. WHY CUT and have a 1/4" dirt trap when/if it cracks it should not move more than a hair. I used Remesh and fiber in the 6000psi x 5" thick slab. so far it is holding up great (one problem I did/so have) is I STAINED the inside concrete but the stain peels off with any heavy traffic or metal wheels on it. Rustolium Stain was on clearance and I know why it was junk...

M
    I may remember why I went to the other end of the shop, I'm just afraid once I get there I'll forget how to get back!

Silver Member
    Tractor
    1532 hydro

Really nice looking, actually that floor looks better than some concrete floors I've seen. Sure bet Mr.Motorhome is breathing a sigh of relief in its new accommodations

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12