New Pole Building

/ New Pole Building #1  

jmusser15

Tractor
Kioti RX6010
Well finally the day has arrived. I have been saving for 2 years for this day. They began construction today on my 32'x56'x16' eve height pole building. It will have a 14'x14 door for storage of my motorhome and two 10'x9' doors for the truck and tractor entrances. They are setting trusses tomarrow and starting the metal too, then supposed to be finishing on Friday. I will continue to post progress pics.

image-2634793535.jpg

/ New Pole Building #2  
Congratulations! Has to be a good feeling to see your goals coming true.

/ New Pole Building #3  
i am happy for you i remember going through that i know the feeling

/ New Pole Building #4  
Looks very nice, your lucky you have a good crew and they know what they are doing.:thumbsup:

/ New Pole Building #5  
jmusser15,

Does your tractor have ROPS and will it clear the shop door when it is all the way up. Saw this happen and they have to drop the ROPS to clear the raised door!

idaho2

/ New Pole Building #6  
Congratulation on your new building!:cool2: Were are you located? I think 10x10 doors would be minimal size, unless there is a clearance issue. You need to think about future use's also.

10x9 is an odd size, 10x10 may be cheaper? :2cents:

Dave

/ New Pole Building #7  
Nice! Congrats, it's good to see dreams coming true. I've got a barn on the family farm to restore (built 1914?) has great bones, but siding and tin need replacing. One day it will happen..

/ New Pole Building #8  
It is always exciting to see people get new buildings, which solve their problems.

I am impressed your builder selected glu-laminated columns for your building, they are a superior product.

Some things which amaze/surprise me:

Why it is builders persist in placing posts every 8'? Considering steel roofing and siding comes in multiples of 3' neither 32' or 56' results in an even number of steel panels per wall. More work for the builders, and a small, but unneeded waste of material which the building owner ends up paying for.

Also (with 8' column spacing), the wall girts as installed, do not meet with the requirements of the Building Codes: Them Girts, They Be a Bending

Unless there is a tricky access to the large overhead door, paying the huge premium for a 14' wide door, rather than the more standard 12' wide is something I do not understand either. For the cost of 14', one might as well pay the few extra dollars and go with 16' wide, which at least would allow for two cars to enter side-by-side.

/ New Pole Building #9  
Congratulation on your new building!:cool2: Were are you located? I think 10x10 doors would be minimal size, unless there is a clearance issue. You need to think about future use's also.

10x9 is an odd size, 10x10 may be cheaper? :2cents:

Dave

Actually 10'x9' and 10'x10' are usually pretty much exactly the same price. They use the very same tracks and hardware, the 9' tall doors just use four 21" panels, instead of four 24" panels.

/ New Pole Building
Well the building is complete. Now for the doors to be ordered and installed. I am happy with the colors and the contractor that built the building. I have to do a little grading and then put stone down and then I can start filling it with my toys. I will eventually concrete everything except where the motorhome is parked.
IMG_0386.jpgIMG_0383.jpgIMG_0385.jpg