Tractor Needed to Build a Tree House?

/ Tractor Needed to Build a Tree House? #1  

GeneD14

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, Allis Chalmers D17 series IV and an Allis 170, Kubota ZG-23 Mower, Kubota ZD 1211, Kawasaki Mule 610, 2 Stihl 361's and a Stihl 660 Ported and tuned
Attached are some pictures of a tree house that I built for my boy. Of course I had to use my tractor to do it. I built it in my barn then took it out to the tree with my pallet forks. This made it very easy to built without alot of climbing up and down the ladder. I'll try to post pictures of each major step. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Attachments

• 304269-Tree House 1.JPG
    304269-Tree House 1.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 915
   / Tractor Needed to Build a Tree House?
Almost there!

Attachments

• 304271-Tree House 2.JPG
    304271-Tree House 2.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 510
Another View.

Attachments

• 304272-Tree House 3.JPG
    304272-Tree House 3.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,147
Getting close! Ropes needed to steady it as I set it down.

Attachments

• 304273-Tree House 4.JPG
    304273-Tree House 4.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,554
It's there!

Attachments

• 304274-Tree House 6.JPG
    304274-Tree House 6.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 752
A picture of the happy owner. I still need to build the ladder.

Attachments

• 304275-Tree House 7.JPG
    304275-Tree House 7.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 622
   / Tractor Needed to Build a Tree House? #7  
Great job Rick... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That's about the TALLEST TREE STUMP... I've ever seen... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

(Many many years down the road... your Boy will always remember this day so vividly... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

I purposely cut it off about 8' up so I could use it for the base of the tree house. Otherwise I would have cut it low to the ground. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Tractor Needed to Build a Tree House? #9  
I have a personal theory that all playhouses and treehouses--forts are best built by dads and grandpas. Of course I've also had this urge to design and market playhouses in various states of completion for single mothers. I can't think of a better role model for a little girl than to know her mother could and just importantly, would, make her playhouse.

A couple of thoughts on the fort.

One, the one I built with my son ended up having a knotted one inch rope for access. I was a little nervous at first about having it eight feet off the ground but it worked out that was the perfect height. It was just high enough that they held on tight and didn't fall. I suspect lower would have encouraged more experimentation on the limits and effects of gravity.

A side note about the knotted rope. I found out that it turned out to be a good thing. It seems bigger kids naturally have a little bit more of a tendancy to bully than the smaller ones. My son was smaller. It also seems to be a fact of nature that bigger kids aren't as physically gifted when it comes to climbing ropes and smaller kids are. So it was a boost in my son's self image when he could be the one to excel at tree forting one oh one.

My son is now thirty. He still likes to run on and on about having the coolest fort ever. Funny thing about memories, they always seem to grow with time.

Congradulations. Let me pass on to your son what an older neighbor passed on to mine when he saw our fort. He said, "young man, one of these days you'll figure out that you're the luckiest boy ever, having a kid for a dad."

/ Tractor Needed to Build a Tree House? #10  
<font color="blue"> That's about the TALLEST TREE STUMP... I've ever seen... </font>

See attached. I found the pic in another discussion forum. While not exactly a tree stump, this is the highest and most innovative treehouse I've ever seen anyone try to erect. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif The builders cut an entry hatch at the bottom of their 'treehouse' and access was gained by rope ladder.

...Bob

Attachments

• 304433-Treehouse.jpg
    304433-Treehouse.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 651