New walkway...

/ New walkway... #1  

gregfender

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501 HST
So it begins...my wife and I were tired of the original walkway. Time to start a new one. When finished, it will be 7'x28'...and that's just for starters. Eventually there will be stone flower beds and a retaining wall integrated into the hardscape. Then the patio with built in fire pit.

image-3206167697.jpg

image-2954830297.jpg

image-4258234156.jpg

image-2839709416.jpg

image-1886685806.jpg

image-4201117489.jpg

image-2054011041.jpg

There will be two more sections just like that to complete the walkway. Gray stone framing red brick. Right now...I'm sore.

/ New walkway... #2  
Wow, that looks good.

/ New walkway... #3  
Great job,

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ New walkway... #4  
That does look good, nice job. Take two aspirin and get back to us tomorrow. :D

/ New walkway...
J F said:
That does look good, nice job. Take two aspirin and get back to us tomorrow. :D

It's gonna take more than two! My wife just told me I am walking around the house like a 90 year old man...that is when I can manage to stand!

/ New walkway... #6  
WTF ?, that's it ?

Pretty sure the wife was thinking something longer...

/ New walkway...
Willl said:
WTF ?, that's it ?

Pretty sure the wife was thinking something longer...

That's only the first completed section. There are two more sections to go. Then the stone wall. Then the path to the patio. Then the patio and fire pit. Rome wasn't built in a day. Besides, I'm a teacher...once June rolls around I'll be a full time hardscape installer.

/ New walkway... #9  
That looks great. I love the look of nice pavers for a walkway, but my back (arms, legs, and pretty much every other muscle) does not enjoy it. Good thing my wife doesn't follow this site, since that will start the nagging again. About three years ago I completed phase 1 of a similar project. For now I'll just check back here and enjoy yours. I recommend the value sized Motrin.

/ New walkway... #10  
What's the orange layer? Stone dust? How did you get it so nice and level? I've got 2 big walkways with natural stone to redo shortly, thinking its a rip and replace job and want to do it right the first time. Speaking of wives mine yesterday claimed that I need "approval" from her for my next project, seems she thinks I'm going to kill myself with all these tractor related projects!