Gordon's Grass killer/general veg kill vs rnd up

/ Gordon's Grass killer/general veg kill vs rnd up #1  

shady1701

Gold Member
Gordon\'s Grass killer/general veg kill vs rnd up

I was wondering about the gordon's general vegatation and other products at TSC if anyone used it and the recommended ratio's and how it stacks up agianst the round up Ultra they sale and what ratio everyone uses to kill grass and general left over crop on the garden?

Gordon's Ag/Consumer products

/ Gordon's Grass killer/general veg kill vs rnd up #2  
Re: Gordon\'s Grass killer/general veg kill vs rnd up

I don't understand the need to poison the left over crop material. Just plow or disc it under. Doing this in the fall allows plenty of time for breakdown, and the soil will warm up sooner in the spring.

/ Gordon's Grass killer/general veg kill vs rnd up #3  

I could see doing that to prep for a no-till winter cover crop.

I'd read the fine print.. rnd-up is suppose to break down fast.. less impact of residue chemicals.

/ Gordon's Grass killer/general veg kill vs rnd up

No plow No disc.. i've tried 2 plows on my tractor and my neighbors the 1 bottom plows seem to track wrong pulling my e2004 and my neighbors 790 JD to one side hard even after adjusting the plow to one side.

The discs here do nothing i have to subsoil then cross cut using subsoiler then till it about 5 times to get any plantable soil it's so hard. So i planned on killing the material and letting it go back into the soil over the winter.. Which i want to get away from i think no-till/low till is the way to go i found out my neighbors use this now for planting probaly 25-50 acres of corn and soybean. they kill it off then just replant right over it in the spring

But i was also going to use on a fence row and was wondering how that product compared to the round up at $36 vs 126 for roundup ultra it's pretty cheap..

/ Gordon's Grass killer/general veg kill vs rnd up #5  

According to their labels, The Gordon's Pronto Farm & Ranch is 32.3% Glyphosate and the RoundUp Super Concentrate is 50.2% Glyphosate. In both, the rest is "inert ingredients".

Same active ingredient but different concentrations. You'd need to do the math to price compare - but I'd bet the "off-brand" Gordons is less $$.