open sockets i need a set

/ open sockets i need a set #1  

sam5570

Veteran Member
Tractor
new holland tn70
didn't really know where to put this so i thought here would do. these open sockets in the pics i got several years ago to replace o2 sencors on vehicle and sence then i have foud alot of uses for different sizes. i got them from a tooldealer who is no longer in business. the 2 i have are 1 1/16 and 7/8 i would like to find a set from 3/8 upto 1 inch. i chacked a few places today while i was out but you can't buy nothing like that anywhere close buy. so does anyone know where i can get a set of them. thanks DSC00480.jpg

/ open sockets i need a set #2  
I would think the Mac, Snap-on or Matco tool trucks would have them, but I bet they aren't cheap.

/ open sockets i need a set
I would think the Mac, Snap-on or Matco tool trucks would have them, but I bet they aren't cheap.
yeah these came from the mac man but they will not sell as a set and they only have 4 sizes that you got to buy each one. went down to jc tn today to noethern tool and the guy didn't have a clue he ask me if i had broke the socket i showed him. i then proceded to tell him it was made that way.

/ open sockets i need a set #4  
You really expected to find someone who knew their a** from a hole in the ground at Northern in JC? lol

You really expected to find someone who knew their a** from a hole in the ground at Northern in JC? lol
yeah i know really just getting out the rain had me caged in and wanted to go. been there a few times and it is pittiful.

/ open sockets i need a set #6  
Are you familiar with "Crows Foot Sockets" ? They are very handy and come in full sets US and Metric.
I have both sets from HF and they were cheap enough when on sale.

/ open sockets i need a set #7  
Sometimes Mac or Snap On dealers have repo's that they will sell at a significant savings. Maybe worth a look. In have a complete set of sockets purchased this way

/ open sockets i need a set #8  
   / open sockets i need a set #9  
Boy I dont ever recall seeing a set of slotted sockets in those sizes either. See plenty of 7 & 8 pc sets specifically for sensors. Came across these ring wrenches they call them. Too bad they're just in metric.

Don't think you are going to find anymore than the sizes you listed as they are made for O2 sensors. Try looking for "weatherhead" sockets, lots of guys use them for hydro fittings and they may work for you.

Out of curiosity, what other uses have you found for them?

Like these, but they are not deep...
Sunex SAE Weatherhead Socket Set — 13-Pc., 3/8in.-Drive, Model# 9913 | 3/8in. Drive Sets| Northern Tool + Equipment

View attachment 316564
as you just said they work real good on taking hud lines lose where they are so close there is no way to get a wrench or crows foot on them. it just saves alot of time not having to take lines lose around the one you really need. some of the valve bodys i deal with have up to 4 diferent size lines and fittings on them.