Property line trail/ track

/ Property line trail/ track #21  
Wow the trail project and trailer build are both impressive.:salute:

/ Property line trail/ track
So I got a call from my "Fill Wanted" signs. This lady down the road had a load of clay (so she told me) that she wanted to get rid of. She has horses, and the load had been used to divert runoff. She's selling the place and needs to get rid of it. The bonus is that she has a tractor to load me!

So I decided that I'll use it to lesten one of the hills (last one on the vid...and the one where I pulled the tree down) Here's a pic from below after the first time I rented the jackhammer

From below

From above

Bringing dirt in

Four loads spread... and a look after tree tippin' and 2nd jackhammer rental.

Well, I'm no dirt expert... this is mostly horsey poop... with big rocks in it... but mostly, ok, let's call it compost. I'm gonna have to cover this with some serious rock to keep it from turning to mud. I've gotten two more loads, but they're going on the lawn. LOL Ah well, it should be ok.

/ Property line trail/ track #23  
Brings new meaning to shiite-load. :laughing:

/ Property line trail/ track #24  
Maybe she will sell you here tractor cheap.:D

/ Property line trail/ track #25  
/Sigh. After seeing your trailer, I now have yet one more project to do. I always try to have the right tool for the job. And when I have to make the tool(trailer), it usually leaves me with a lot less time to do the actual job.
Nice job on the trail. It reminds me of the work we are doing on our property. Not the rock work. Just the effort that is being put forth.

/ Property line trail/ track #26  
/Sigh. After seeing your trailer, I now have yet one more project to do. I always try to have the right tool for the job. And when I have to make the tool(trailer), it usually leaves me with a lot less time to do the actual job.
Nice job on the trail. It reminds me of the work we are doing on our property. Not the rock work. Just the effort that is being put forth.

Maybe she will sell you here tractor cheap.:D

It was a MF 1030. For having turf tires, and no counter weight she did really well. She was pretty cute too... thought about taking some pics... you know, for you guys, but thought it would be a little awkward. LOL

No more progress, but I took more pics. LOL Here's the same hill as the last pics... we'll call this one the driveway end.

Here's one load of clay used to level off before the decent and the tree I yanked down. To the right of this pic is where I hope to put my little campground

Here's where I put five more loads of compost. That corner of the lawn's never been finished. Behind the tarp will eventually be some stairs down to a slab, with a retaining wall. There's a walkout for the basement there.

The driveway end of the trail is at the top of the driveway's corner

We'll call this one the house end of the trail (even though it's off the driveway too) Before;

After two tandem loads of clay, a culvert, and two of my trailer loads of rock

Looking the other way. It's a much easyer slope now. I had a local excavating company come in and bring me grubbings to fill my yard... they spread the clay and installed the culvert, as well as spread the clay at the other trail end... all for free! : ) I'm guessing $4,000 worth of fill, trucking, excavation. The tree loads of clay I had got for $50 each because of a big job going on nearby.

The view from my bedroom window.

So... so far I've got;
three tandem loads of clay ($150)
three loads of rock with my trailer
four loads of "fill"(horse sh*t) with my trailer
two jackhammer rentals ($200) 27hrs
20X1' culvert ($100)
at least 6 stumps removed
...and countless hours with the chainsaw, and bushwacker

Last edited:
In the last pic the trail will just continue off of the driveway. The clay will be covered in gravel... the other dirt will be lawn. The contractor said he may have more fill for me, and if he does (pics suck at showing elevation) the lawn will continue level to the hill in the upper left corner of the pic. I'll need another two lengths of culvert.

I've got a quick question; I have access to this pile of finely broken shale. It's almost like gravel. I plan to rent a machine to load my trailer and dump on the trail... and get as much done over a weekend as possible. My question is this; will a small skidsteer have enough penetrating power to dig this up? It's been there for a long time, and I can't quite drive my round shovel in it without a kick. My local Cat rental store will rent me a 216 over a weekend with 10 hours run time for $140. I just have to get it moved. If I have to use a small excavator loading time will more then double. Thoughts?

One load (sigh!)

/ Property line trail/ track #30  
I don't think it will have any trouble at all. If you are concerned, rent a bucket that has a tooth bar installed, then you for sure will be fine.