How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video)

/ How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video) #11  
I use a brush grubber hanging off my three point hitch (hitch mounted with a combo tow bar and skid plate has a chain hook, but any heavy duty implement would suffice). Back up next to post stump, get the grubber jaws around it, attach chain to hitch, and raise up! Takes about 30 seconds per post.

/ How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video) #12  
I realized it immediately and I moved the chain to center on the subsequent pulls. I plan on bringing home pallet forks when I bring the tractor in for the 50 hr service. I already have the hooks for the bucket, they will be welded then as well.
I agree with Gary and I think it is more likely to bend pulling at the center of the bar. I looked at your pictures first, and said "not good" when I saw the chain in the middle of the bar.

It looks like there is room on the back of the attachment plate for hooks. You can use a short chain to each side, and hook your pull chain in the middle of it. That way you can remove the bucket and get maximum lifting force.

My attachment plate has slots in it that I can hook a chain in.
P7200004.JPG
I use them a lot.

/ How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video)
Thanks for the advice guys!

/ How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video) #14  
I have to replace my posts in the new year. I don't think they are cemented in (don't know because we didn't put up the fence).

I have a bx2670 with a FEL and a rear blade. I'm new to tractors, so pardon me asking, but would it be best to pull them out with my FEL ( I don't have any hooks on it, but I can probably get some if needed) or somehow pull them out with my rear blade by connecting a chain like the video?

Thanks in advance

/ How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video) #15  
Nice effective solution. I'm surprised the two 8" lag screws did not split the post, especially since there was no pilot hole. Maybe the concrete held it together.

/ How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video) #16  
Not sure how long those posts were in the ground, but around here, concrete around posts is a no-no. They will rot off right at the top of the concrete in less than 10 years.

/ How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video) #17  
I have to replace my posts in the new year. I don't think they are cemented in (don't know because we didn't put up the fence).

I have a bx2670 with a FEL and a rear blade. I'm new to tractors, so pardon me asking, but would it be best to pull them out with my FEL ( I don't have any hooks on it, but I can probably get some if needed) or somehow pull them out with my rear blade by connecting a chain like the video?

Thanks in advance

You usually have about twice the lifting capacity with the 3PT than the FEL, just not the height. Drop the chain over the top down to the base of the pole with a lark's head knot or a clove hitch and hook it tight to the center of the blade. Pull at just a slight angle, helps the chain bite, instead of straight up and the post should pop out. Pull all the posts out and then use the FEL to finish the job moving them where you want. This will prevent torqueing the FEL like the video shows. If you use the FEL you must be dead center with the load. Even with the 3PT you want to center the load to avoid torque.

/ How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video) #18  
great way to torque a FEL !!! use the 3 point to lift /break it out then use the fel to hoist it out. Not a good use of a FEL IMO

/ How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video) #19  
To the OP, how come the insurance company of whoever wrecked your fence didn,t come out and fix it ?

/ How to pull broken 4x4 fence posts that were concreted in. (pics and video) #20  
You usually have about twice the lifting capacity with the 3PT than the FEL, just not the height. Drop the chain over the top down to the base of the pole with a lark's head knot or a clove hitch and hook it tight to the center of the blade. Pull at just a slight angle, helps the chain bite, instead of straight up and the post should pop out. Pull all the posts out and then use the FEL to finish the job moving them where you want. This will prevent torqueing the FEL like the video shows. If you use the FEL you must be dead center with the load. Even with the 3PT you want to center the load to avoid torque.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to cut them down. Some of them are pretty rotten and only hanging on by the fence boards :( I have the land pride rb05. It's a smaller back blade by them. You think it will be ok? I don't want to damage my blade. I suppose I could always get a steal draw bar and put between the 3pth. It would only connect to the two bottom ones though. Would that be enough, or better to use the blade?