Where the Deere and Kioti play (and Case, too).

/ Where the Deere and Kioti play (and Case, too). #1  

rtimgray

Veteran Member
I have had a really good week (beginning last weekend, the 11th). Got to use a John Deere 310 backhoe, a Case 850G dozer and of course my Kioti DK 45 for most of the week clearing trees, digging a hole for the basement of my new house and shaping the surrounding area for the walk-out portion of the basement. The only problem is every time I get on one of the machines, I start thinking about what I need to do with the other equipment.

We (my brother helped me over the weekend) used the JD hoe to dig most of the basement, while the I used the Kioti with the front end loader to try to keep the spoil from the hole cleared...of course, since I was hauling the dirt several hundred yards, I couldn't keep up with the 'hoe, so when the pile got too big, it was dozer time - now that's a way to move some dirt.

I should point out that I only own the Kioti; the Deere was borrowed and the Case is rented, but for the amount of work that has been done, it has been well worth it.

I didn't get a chance to get any pictures of this threesome, and now the Deere has left the site. However, upon completion of the main basement hole, a Kubota L35 backhoe is coming over to dig the footers, so I'll get another chance at yet another piece of equipment.

/ Where the Deere and Kioti play (and Case, too). #2  
Diversity in the workplace. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Very, very PC... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Where the Deere and Kioti play (and Case, too). #3  
I had about the same idea as you. I've had a JD 450h dozer all week. Between it and the Kioti DK65 I've gotten alot of work done. I cleared an old fence line that was covered up with trees, cleared out some trees to make room for another hay barn, and cleaned up a field that had been dozed before, but the operator had mostly just piled dirt up so it wouldn't burn very well, and that was just on my place. On my Dads, I cleared another fence line at the front of his property and then move about 30 yrds of dirt to reshape it so it could be maintained easier, also removed some unwanted trees around his place. I sure had a blast running the dozer, but I'm here to tell you, for sitting on your butt all week, it sure wears you out. Not the fun part, I've got to build about 2000' of fence, man I'm tired already /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif