Concrete project PICs

/ Concrete project PICs #1  

dfeck

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B3200
I posted before regarding a concrete slab I was pouring. My problem was getting the concrete back to the pour area without compromising my lawn. I decided to rent a concrete buggy for the task. The buggy was great and very easly to use. Here is a PIC on the buggy.

Attachments

• 332189-Buggy1.jpg
    332189-Buggy1.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 813
   / Concrete project PICs
another

Attachments

• 332191-Buggy3.jpg
    332191-Buggy3.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 576
   / Concrete project PICs
before pour

Attachments

• 332192-Before.jpg
    332192-Before.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 607
   / Concrete project PICs
After the pour

Attachments

• 332197-Close3.jpg
    332197-Close3.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 629
   / Concrete project PICs
Another shot

Attachments

• 332201-Side.jpg
    332201-Side.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 580
   / Concrete project PICs
Now my tractor has a home of it's own. All in all the project went very smooth. One thing I forgot to do before I started pouring was to place plastic against the vinyl siding. Needless to say, concrete splashed up onto the siding and it took me a long time to remove it a few days later. Not to mention alot of elbow grease.

Thanks,
Doug

/ Concrete project PICs #7  
Next time wet down the siding. If it is damp when you pour, the mud will not stick as bad, and is easily cleaned up with a semi soft brush.

Don't know how much the buggy ran to rent. We tend to get a pump in for tight access stuff like that, if it is over three yards. Otherwise, out come the wheel barrows.

/ Concrete project PICs #8  
Doug,
It looks nice ... you did a good job!
Leo

/ Concrete project PICs #9  
Looks great...... have you considered a career change!!!!!!..... What do they charge to rent equipment like that? delivered???

/ Concrete project PICs #10  
Ahhhhhhh yes, the concrete buggy. I know her well. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I put in over sixty yards with one of those. The closest we could get a concrete truck was four hundred feet from the pour. Two hundred and fifty feet of that was exposed aggregate drive. About half the rest was comparable to an off road race course.

The way you make the puppy move is you squeeze that handle on the bar that looks like it might be a brake. That's sort of a safety device. When you catch a bump and the thing hangs a hard ninety and throws you off. It stops. Your hand is no longer squeezing the go bar. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The first time we did forty three yards. It like to have killed me. But after watching one of the guys almost lose a load on that beautiful driveway I grinned and did it, with gritted teeth I did it.

In a perverted masochistic way it was fun. The run back empty was not too much trouble. But the ride down with all that weight on the front drive wheels, that was exhausting.

Did I mention it was the summer time and that I kept fighting cramps in the right arm.

Another thing I recall with some kind of fondness, sorta like the fondness of recalling war experiences. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif You turn the handlebars right to go left. But if you want to go right then you have to remember to turn left. That's because the handlebars is attached via gear drive dead on to the pair of wheels under you. If the wheels were in front it'd be like guiding a bicycle, left to go left, right to right. But since they're at the back you turn left and hold on because you're hanging a rightie.

Speed was fun too with that baby. I had the pucker string tighter than Jim's hat band every time I had a load. If you weren't holding on for dear life and you hit any kind of bump, rice from a wedding six years ago kind of bump even, the steering wheels might hiccup a bit. Their camber, castor, angle of dangle, too much too little tire pressure, all that came together just wrong, perfectly wrong. Throw you off the buggy on your butt perfectly wrong.

Please bear in mind that I've tried to present my case in a manner to reflect positively on the buggy.