Leveling mole lawn/pasture

/ Leveling mole lawn/pasture #1  

Tractor
212 JD
I moved into a foreclosure in October with a horribly mole bumpy lawn.

My objective behind this is to NOT re seed 3 acres. Maybe in the fall ill overseed it because I have no way to water it all.

I'll unbolt the blade and install the angle iron with the tines onto the part that bolts the blade on.

Then I'll be pulling a weighted chain link gate behind that to kinda work things out. Anything and I mean anything will help to improve how bad this is.

The weight rack will stay on so I can add weight for the tines.

It's too cold outside or I'd be putting it together.

What do you think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 133
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 160
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 134
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    379.2 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 154
   / Leveling mole lawn/pasture #2  
I moved into a foreclosure in October with a horribly mole bumpy lawn.

My objective behind this is to NOT re seed 3 acres. Maybe in the fall ill overseed it because I have no way to water it all.

I'll unbolt the blade and install the angle iron with the tines onto the part that bolts the blade on.

Then I'll be pulling a weighted chain link gate behind that to kinda work things out. Anything and I mean anything will help to improve how bad this is.

The weight rack will stay on so I can add weight for the tines.

It's too cold outside or I'd be putting it together.

What do you think?

I think this will help ,but I would be sure to check that nothing(water lines-sewer lines) will be ripped up by the tines.

/ Leveling mole lawn/pasture
I think this will help ,but I would be sure to check that nothing(water lines-sewer lines) will be ripped up by the tines.
They will only be going down maybe 2-3 inches max. I have well and septic so nothing to worry about there. Lawn has trees only on the outside of my property so it should be rather simple.

Here's what it looked like before it was fixed up.

I'm trying to mow the whole yard as you can see from the picture they never cut the field in the back or side so it's pretty bad.

It bugs me to not have it mowed exp on a corner lot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 196
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 170
   / Leveling mole lawn/pasture #4  
What you need to do is remove the source of food that is drawing the moles in. No food. No moles. They generally will come in to eat grubs that are in the yard. Check and see what time of the year for your area and apply a grub control product. Ortho has one I used in the past and worked good.

What you need to do is remove the source of food that is drawing the moles in. No food. No moles. They generally will come in to eat grubs that are in the yard. Check and see what time of the year for your area and apply a grub control product. Ortho has one I used in the past and worked good.

I did put down some grub control in the end of October. But it might have been too late in the year though.

Well it was nice enough out, So here it is!

I just tried it on my driveway and it dug in a few inches and seemes to level out very well.

Obviously ill have more weight on it when I actually use it on the lawn.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 206
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 226