Foam for cart tires

/ Foam for cart tires #1  

BeezFun

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710
Is there any way to put foam in garden cart tires? Ours are always flat. I've bought foamed tires for the wheelbarrows, but can't find them for carts. Whatever they put in the wheelbarrow tires is exactly the right stuff, just soft enough to give a little, and doesn't add any weight.

/ Foam for cart tires #2  
I am sure you could, but it would be expensive. Have you tried putting tubes in them? A little harder to patch a puncture, bu they seem to hold air better. I bought some "bead sealer" from the farm store that is like tar, comes a can with a brush. Try breaking the bead and applying it around the bead of the tire, then maybe put slime in the tire.

BTW, where in IL are you at. I am in north central between Chicago and Rockford.

/ Foam for cart tires #3  
HF has some foam cart tires, 8" and 10" and wheel barrel type tires. They have them for the single axle side but none for the dual axle (like for casters) ones which I need for my 3pt Mower. I ended up taking 5 tubes of Silicone Caulk and pumped the tubes full, then sued the mower with air pressure in the tires, pulled em off and set them on the side to finish curing. So far one didn't have enough Silicone in it and it is way loose on the rim now... Have held up for over a year mowing a LOT tho it was expensive to do it. The foam filled ones were like 30 each at HF, mine cost about the same with caulk costing 2 for 5 bucks and my time...

M

/ Foam for cart tires
Have you tried putting tubes in them?
Yes, problem is the other folks who live in this house don't seem to notice when the tire is flat, so they keep dragging it around until the stem is cut by the rim, then the tube's no good.

BTW, where in IL are you at. I am in north central between Chicago and Rockford.

We're near St Charles, in unincorporated part of the county. I have a good friend in Waterman, not too far from you.

/ Foam for cart tires
HF has some foam cart tires, 8" and 10" and wheel barrel type tires.

M
I'll have to take some dimensions and see if they'll fit the axle diameter and depth. I also have a Vermont Cart that has 26" mountain bike type wheels that are always flat. I see they now sell them as semi-pneumatic, but they're $40 each. Wow, maybe I should just order a new cart.

/ Foam for cart tires
Best stuff on the planet here - BULLETPROOF...
GEMPLER'S ® Ultraseal

I've never had much luck with this type of stuff. Slime proved useless for most things except a clean small hole. It also came out of the valve stem when I checked the air pressure and ended up ruining a few tire guages.
My biggest problem is the stem gets sliced by the rim because the barn rats use the cart when it's flat, and that forces the tire to rotate on the rim.

/ Foam for cart tires #10  
Best stuff on the planet here - BULLETPROOF...
GEMPLER'S ® Ultraseal

If you don't like your rims! I've used it & it does work, but makes a heck of a mess if you need to remove the tire later on. Also, some brands rust the rims really bad! My JD 420 had some type of "hydro-seal" in the front tires when I bought it, had a pencil sized hole in one rim because of the sealant:

GARDEN TRACTORS 455 (Small).jpg

Lowell