Gold Member
    Tractor
    lawntractor only

Default pole barn pole problem..

got almost all the poles in the ground and 2 walls done, i noticed that one of the poles is bent or warped, its too late to get another one as this one is already buried 4 feet in the ground, it curves in, so the wall will be bowed in, what do i do?
    thanks

Tractor
    Kubota B2910, BX2200, Yardman 20HP pos...

Default Re: pole barn pole problem..

Curved in is better than curved out in my view.

Why not just cut a spacer and nail it to the outside of the curved post, or otherwise somehow shim things so the outside wall will line up with the other posts?

Not as perfect as replacing the post, but workable and much easier... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Now if that post is really bent bad, then maybe you should replace it. Without a picture...only you can tell for sure... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Gold Member
    Tractor
    lawntractor only

yeah, maybe shimming it will work, thanks!

Tractor
    Kubota's, John Deere's

Ugh.

I had this same thing happen earlier this summer on my pole barn. I ended up digging one out, and shimming the other one. I dug one out because I figured it had more load on it and it was like over three inches out. Mind you we had a lot of rain, and I built it slow. It was a major pain in the rear, but, I guess it paid dividends in the end. Every thing ended up square, and I think I was off only and inch on a 16X24 building. Yippie I said...... trim covers the spot on the edge

-Mike Z. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]