Water line trench

/ Water line trench
Finished and back filled last night. I will do a GPM test tomorrow for shi$& and giggles. It flows well, it was 30-36" deep, in line foe my area, Northampton county.

Sent from my idrankthekoolaid device c/o TractorByNet

/ Water line trench
5 gallon bucket took approx 1 min 45 to fill to over flow

Sent from my idrankthekoolaid device c/o TractorByNet

/ Water line trench #53  

Which means that a 300 gallon stock tank would take almost 2 hours to fill. I have to fill ours every other day. It takes about 40 minutes here.

Of course, if you don't have any volume water requirements now and will never have them in the future, it doesn't matter.

/ Water line trench #54  

Thanks, if it's not too much trouble would you mind doing the same test at the faucet up by your house? I'm curious how close the calculated flow loss is to the real case.

/ Water line trench
Which means that a 300 gallon stock tank would take almost 2 hours to fill. I have to fill ours every other day. It takes about 40 minutes here.

Of course, if you don't have any volume water requirements now and will never have them in the future, it doesn't matter.

no real volume demands, we have a 100 gallon tank for the horses we fill aproxomately once a week.

/ Water line trench
Thanks, if it's not too much trouble would you mind doing the same test at the faucet up by your house? I'm curious how close the calculated flow loss is to the real case.

I kind of think I'm seeing things, but I'm not,1 gallon milk container at the kitchen faucet took approximately 1 minute. The kitchen faucet is as close to the valve board as anything else. No games here either, same phone timer used at the hydrant.

/ Water line trench
Ok, with out the wife in the shower:eek:, or any other running water in the house, 1 gallon milk jug at the kitchen was 48 seconds.

/ Water line trench #58  
For an idea of how much flow you have, 2.85 gpm is just above the minimum to run a single rotor sprinkler head. Most irrigation systems run 4 or 5 full rotors per station.
Dave

/ Water line trench #59  
Ok, with out the wife in the shower:eek:, or any other running water in the house, 1 gallon milk jug at the kitchen was 48 seconds.

Most kitchen faucets have aerators. I think that slows the flow. It matters not to me but it might be a better experiment to use an outside faucet. But then again, you might be tiring of this.

/ Water line trench #60  
also most inside faucets have about 1/4" flexible copper pipe connected to the 1/2 inch copper line. This really slows down the flow.