Started rebuilding my shop!

/ Started rebuilding my shop! #1  

Boondox

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4044R cab, Kubota KX-121-3S
Besides being too small, my woodshop has suffered over the years from assaults by red squirrels (since deceased) and a couple of minor collisions with Clementine during the new tractor owner learning curve. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Thought the stone fireplace would have to be dismantled one stone at a time, but figured I'd wrap a chain around it and see if the tractor could loosen it up a bit.

There's now a six foot tall stone chimney on the ground next to the old shop! One gentle tug and it came down like that ****** statue! I've removed all wiring runs but one, stripped one wall entirely, and have the extention rough-framed. As luck would have it, the forecast has changed to include freezing rain changing to snow, but I have plenty of tarps.

I'll take some pics tomorrow. That extra room, decent wiring and insulation, and a steeply pitched metal roof that actually sheds snow will be a real treat! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete

/ Started rebuilding my shop! #2  
Pete:

Removing the chimney sure went easy.
Back at our old place in Alberta I'd built a stone fireplace on the ground floor. we did some remodeling and it had to be replaced with an airtight. Three days later I finally finished getting it out.

Egon

/ Started rebuilding my shop!
Rebuild pic 1

South end, showing the additional nine feet being framed in.

Attachments

• 355920-DSCN0003.JPG
    355920-DSCN0003.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 650
Rebuilt pic 2

New roof with a decent pitch going up!

Attachments

• 355921-DSCN0005.JPG
    355921-DSCN0005.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 605
   / Started rebuilding my shop! #5  
Re: Rebuilt pic 2

Pete, looking good post more pics as it comes along.
Al_Wa

/ Started rebuilding my shop! #6  

Pete
I don't see how you’re going to get Clementine into those nine feet? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Started rebuilding my shop! #7  

Pete:

How about sending some of that snow down our way.

I am dying to try out my new Lucknow 78" blower. If we got some snow, I'd truck it up to Ron's and do his place too. Actually, Ron would probably like me to leave it there!!

Ron, that would be the next project. But there will be a slight delay while Tamara and I debate the relative merits of large and useful vs small and quaint barns! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Pete

/ Started rebuilding my shop! #9  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( while Tamara and I debate the relative merits of large and useful vs small and quaint barns! )</font>

Uh Oh!

That sounds like a no win conversation to me. Sorta kinda like deciding if voluptious is too much or just enough. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Started rebuilding my shop! #10  

Pete
I’m sure you and Tamara will have Clementine’s best interest in mind no matter what your decision is.
/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif