4" Valve in pond for future gravity feed Garden watering

/ 4" Valve in pond for future gravity feed Garden watering #1  

Tony H

Platinum Member
Tractor
JCB MIDI CX
I've been running two garden hoses for about three months to get the water level in my pond down low enough to feel I will not have any Winter Freeze problems with this pipe.
The idea is to have a gravity fed water source for a future garden. It is down hill from the pond so it should work well.
The shadowing is bad on the one picture that shows the use of the 9" bucket to cut a deep but narrow path into the side of the pond. Then I switched to the 18" bucket and dug a wider trench to facilitate the Plexiglas anti seepage barrier.

one pic shows the closeup of the assembly Pipe runs through the plexiglas and is all glued tight so water can't seep down along the pipe.
Another picture shows the Larger blue pipe that runs vertical, that is my access to the valve after totally backfilled.

That white stuff on the slope to the water is Sodium Bentonite.. basically powdered Clay for added insurance I have no leaks.
I haven't finished the 160' run but at least the valve is in and the Pond wall is water tight.

Attachments

• IMG_3346.jpg
    IMG_3346.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_3335.jpg
    IMG_3335.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_3339.jpg
    IMG_3339.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_3340.jpg
    IMG_3340.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_3342.jpg
    IMG_3342.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_3344.jpg
    IMG_3344.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_3333.jpg
    IMG_3333.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 148
   / 4" Valve in pond for future gravity feed Garden watering #2  
Just for extra insurance, you might want to pure concrete around one of the joints in your pipe. Water is relentless, and it could take months or a year to work it's way down the pipe. If it finds a way through the first barrier, it will just keep on going.

Eddie

/ 4" Valve in pond for future gravity feed Garden watering
so you are suggesting that I pour a bag of cement at one of the Pipe Couplers as I backfill ?