Best pressure washer for the money?

/ Best pressure washer for the money? #1  

Illini22

Gold Member
Tractor
2013 Kioti dk40 hst, wright stander zero turn
Our family's (sibling) need a new pressure washer for a summer place so own. We need it to clean skim off the pontoon at the end of the season, clean off my tractor, we also have an exmark zero turn mower, concrete patio and probably many other things. We would like to stay around $300-$400.

/ Best pressure washer for the money? #2  
Used off craigslist. Look for a Honda GX series motor with a Cat, General or Comet pump.

$400 wont buy you anything new worth having.

/ Best pressure washer for the money? #3  
I don't think $400 will even get you CLOSE to a worthless piece of pooo. I have a 4.5 hp Honda GX series and I paid $800 for it, new, in 1996.

/ Best pressure washer for the money? #4  
on the other hand.. 65-150$ will get you an electric that will do all the small tasks you listed.

just need water and power.

I use a karcher to clean mower decks and tractors.

pretty easy to find the 1200-1900 psi unit.

Havn't seen 3600 psi units.. but then those can be destructive, pretty easilly.

/ Best pressure washer for the money? #5  
on the other hand.. 65-150$ will get you an electric that will do all the small tasks you listed.

This was my thought. I have a large 18hp gas pressure washer and always thought the small electric ones were a joke. It gets old dragging this thing out to wash something small so I am now considering buying a small electric. It should take care of your car/tractor/boat washing duties just fine, without the risk of damage. For concrete patios/sidewalks a more powerful gas one would be desireable but not necessary.

As others have stated, $400 won't get you much of a gas one unless you are buying used.

/ Best pressure washer for the money? #6  

I agree Sound. I have a 4000 psi Honda Powered and I have to be careful where I have it aimed when I pull the trigger. The high pressure washer hoses also are stiff and cumbersome when in use. I have been looking at the 1900 psi electric units at SAMS with the two built in soap containers. I think it would be ideal for quick clean jobs around the shop.

/ Best pressure washer for the money? #7  
the karcher i hav has a suction tube for sucking up addatives.. it is an 1800 psi.

I usually don't have to worry about blasting paint off.

I have used a 3600 psi unit and damaged stucco!

/ Best pressure washer for the money? #8  
I have a K-archer with a 6.5 gas engine that does pretty good work. But I also have a Hotsey with a diesel fired boiler for the tough jobs, mostly cleaning the pig barn, I can disenfect it. But I like being able not to have to hand wash the truck and other things if they are not that dirty! LUTT

/ Best pressure washer for the money? #9  
what ever you get put a good water filter on the inlet side of the pump, (I used a whole house type filter and put a drain in the filter for draining when cold,)

by putting a good filter will help what ever you get one of the better washers for the money,

/ Best pressure washer for the money? #10  
The little electric ones are useless, not even worth dragging them out. I've got a commercial electric NorthStar, its 1700PSI and its nearly useless. Just wont throw enough water or PSI to get the job done.

Often times you are better off raising your pressure for your water system. I have 90psi at my shop and its better for removing heavy mud and grime.