Elephant Structures Barns

/ Elephant Structures Barns #1  

CanuckPT

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Kubota B3300SU
I'm planning to put up a structure on a parcel of land that I own that we eventually want to build a new house on too. I plan to store my Kubota B3300SU & my attachments as well as my 2006 Tacoma Sport Long bed.

I've been perusing many websites for companies that manufacture metal buildings to order.

The one I've been drawn to the most, so far at least is Elephant Structures

Elephant Structures - Carports, Metal Garages, Barns, RV Covers, Boat Covers, Camper Covers, Motorcycle Garages, Storage Sheds, and more... Free Delivery and Installation!

Has anyone had any experience with them? Thank you in advance for any & all feedback you have to share!

I love TBN!!!
:thumbsup:

/ Elephant Structures Barns #2  
I thought you meant elephant fencing, which, oddly enough, I do have some experience with.

/ Elephant Structures Barns #3  
Coincidentally, I was looking up that very company the other day for tractor and yard implement storage. I will be watching this thread closely.

/ Elephant Structures Barns #4  
Make sure they are capable of supporting your local snow load. I've seen more than a few of those structures taco'd from snow.

/ Elephant Structures Barns
Make sure they are capable of supporting your local snow load. I've seen more than a few of those structures taco'd from snow.

They claim to build to code for New Hampshire but thanks for the insight. I'll make a point of asking when I speak with them.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Elephant Structures Barns #6  
this is the thought I had. it would make you famous. box in under the legs for more usability.

Attachments

• elephant.jpg
    elephant.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 146
   / Elephant Structures Barns
That's hilarious! I would be famous for sure. I doubt my neighbors would find it amusing though!!

/ Elephant Structures Barns #8  
I had a metal carport cover installed a few years ago both as a place to park my tractor and as a work area for projects to get me out of the sun and dirt. At the time (this was a few years ago), they installed a 20x18 carport cover for $600. All I had to do was provide a level surface. We built a form and had a truck pour us a cement slab that we smoothed out ourselves. A few years later I enclosed the sides with some sheet metal I had. Larger is always better, but it provides room for my tractor and a mower attached in the center with work tables and other stuff just down both sides. It is tall enough that I cannot stand on my Ford tractor and touch the ceiling. If I did not have the two sides lined with tables and storage, it would be big enough to store the other few attachments I have under there as well. Considering all the small limbs and leaves that have fell on this, it has held up pretty good over the years. I often thought about building end doors for security, but the breeze that blows through the open ends is pretty nice on hot days.
2-6-13 garage2.jpg
A short time later, my wife wanted to have another one put up over the driveway to park her car under. This time it required us to build a block retaining wall and fill it with dirt and gravel to get a level spot, but it has held up very well too.
carportLS.JPG
They were both from different companies, but I don't remember now what brands either one was.

/ Elephant Structures Barns #9  
this is the thought I had. it would make you famous. box in under the legs for more usability.
Lucy!!!! in Margate. Have not seen it for a couple of years. We are an odd lot in NJ. :)

/ Elephant Structures Barns #10  
Something to keep in mind.
I'm planning to put up a structure on a parcel of land that I own that we eventually want to build a new house on too. I plan to store my Kubota B3300SU & my attachments as well as my 2006 Tacoma Sport Long bed.

I've been perusing many websites for companies that manufacture metal buildings to order.

The one I've been drawn to the most, so far at least is Elephant Structures

Elephant Structures - Carports, Metal Garages, Barns, RV Covers, Boat Covers, Camper Covers, Motorcycle Garages, Storage Sheds, and more... Free Delivery and Installation!

Has anyone had any experience with them? Thank you in advance for any & all feedback you have to share!

I love TBN!!!
:thumbsup: